Linux - libGLEW1.5 - Graphics problem
I am on a fresh install of Ubuntu 64 bit 8.10. Here is the error I get from running the PCSX2 on the official downloads page:

Quote:Could Not Load GS Plugin '/home/thomas/Desktop/pcsx2/plugins/': /home/thomas/Desktop/pcsx2/plugins/: cannot read file data: Is a directory

So, I went into the /inis/ folder and tried modifying pcsx2.cfg. I changed:
GS =
to
GS = libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2

and now I get this error:

Quote:Could Not Load GS Plugin '/home/thomas/Desktop/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2': libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I then tried compiling ZeroGS myself (in a 32-bit chroot) which works, but on trying to use it and I get the same error. I have libglew1.5, libglew1.5-dev and glew-utils all installed.

Sponsored links

(03-13-2009, 09:21 AM)WhereAmI Wrote:
Quote:Could Not Load GS Plugin '/home/thomas/Desktop/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2': libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Does the directory /home/thomas/Desktop/pcsx2/plugins in fact exist, and does the file libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2 exist inside of it?

Yes it seems like a dumb question, but just make dead sure that the config file points to a real (valid) file for the GS plugin. It's no fun running after a non-existent permissions/versioning problem when it's really something typed wrong.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(03-13-2009, 09:41 AM)echosierra Wrote: Does the directory /home/thomas/Desktop/pcsx2/plugins in fact exist, and does the file libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2 exist inside of it?

Yes.
The fix is quite simple:

you need to install the 32bit version of libglew ( http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/i386...5/download ).
the, untar the .deb and put the two (witch are in data.tar.gz) .so in /usr/lib32.
Quote:The fix is quite simple:
you need to install the 32bit version of libglew
Awesome, I love easy fixes. I had assumed by being in a 32bit chroot and installing libglew from apt that it would have been taken care of, however looking back the directory that I made for the chroot is not /usr/lib32 so the files weren't being put there.

I had to do it for the other dependencies as well.

libCg.so -> http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_to...#downloads
Two .so's from here, I copied both.

And now its running, thanks.