List for automatic game settings?
I'm using the latest Qt build. Recently I learned that PCSX2 has automatic game fixes/settings applied to many games. I also learned that if you enable Manual hardware hacks, these automatic fixes will get disabled.

In some games, like the WWE games, there is an issue of image ghosting. This issue seems to be minimized when I enable Special(Texture) Half Pixel Offset.

Now the problem is that I don't have any clue if these games had any kind of automatic fixes that got disabled when I enabled Manual hardware hacks. This brings me to my question:

Is there any place where a list of each game's automatic fixes/settings are being maintained? I checked the wiki's for games but they don't have them.

Sponsored links

Yes, you can find a list in the gameindex.yaml file. It's located in the resources folder inside your PCSX2 install folder. You can open it with notepad. Be careful with this file though as PCSX2 reads this file to see which fixes to apply to each game, if any.

You can view an online version here(correct link):
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast...Index.yaml
(Click view raw)

Also, the documentation for the gameindex is below which can help figuring out the equivalent settings in the menus when you see things like vuRoundMode: 2 or vuClampMode: 0, etc.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast...meIndex.md
(06-12-2022, 05:05 AM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Yes, you can find a list in the gameindex.yaml file. It's located in the resources folder inside your PCSX2 install folder. You can open it with notepad. Be careful with this file though as PCSX2 reads this file to see which fixes to apply to each game, if any.

You can view an online version here:
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx2/blob/m...Index.yaml

Also, the documentation for the gameindex is below which can help figuring out the equivalent settings in the menus when you see things like vuRoundMode: 2 or vuClampMode: 0, etc.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast...meIndex.md

Thanks for the info!

I see a patch for WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth. Does this get disabled too when I enable manual hacks? Because I don't see any such settings related to patches inside the Manual hacks tab.
We don't have any patches anymore, libretro might but their build is very far behind the main PCSX2 now.

You can enable manual hacks all you like for SYM, we have no gamedb fixes for it anymore.

if you know some good settings to fix the upscaling (not using skipdraw or TC Offsets) then let us know and we can add them to the gamedb so it's automatic.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

My bad, I didn't notice I was linking to the libretro page. I fixed it(I hope!)

So I went snooping around the GitHub page and I'm curious about something...
What's the difference between the gameindex.yaml and gameindex.dbf? Does one override the other? Actually, I don't see a gameindex.dbf file in any of PCSX2 folders(although, Spectabis has that file). Is it compiled into the .exe or something? Or is it depreciated and not used?
gameindex.dbf is the old database, we replaced it with a YAML formatted file in the newer versions.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ah ok. Thx. Smile
(06-12-2022, 06:38 AM)refraction Wrote: We don't have any patches anymore, libretro might but their build is very far behind the main PCSX2 now.

You can enable manual hacks all you like for SYM, we have no gamedb fixes for it anymore.

if you know some good settings to fix the upscaling (not using skipdraw or TC Offsets) then let us know and we can add them to the gamedb so it's automatic.

Ok, then this again brings me back to my question: How can I know what automatic settings for a game are enabled by default? Is there any kind of list being maintained somewhere?

If not, then it can be really confusing when someone wants to change something via manual hacks without knowing what got disabled.
I told you how already; look in the gameindex.yaml file. It's all there.

I think this my fault because I linked to the libretro page at first and not the PCSX2 page and you seem to have found some reference to an old patch or something. Sorry about that.
(06-12-2022, 07:27 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: I told you how already; look in the gameindex.yaml file. It's all there.

I think this my fault because I linked to the libretro page at first and not the PCSX2 page and you seem to have found some reference to an old patch or something. Sorry about that.

Ah ok. I didn't notice that you edited your comment with the correct link.