Little fps?
Hey there, i'm new to all of this and i've got a problem with my emulator.
My specs are:
Intel Core i7-2630QM
6gb Ram
Geforce GT555M
Windows 7 64bit
and PCSX2 version 1.2.1 build r5875
The problem is that i only get about 40 fps, or less, in most games like Battlefront 2 or Midnight Club 3 Sad. I tried running it both on Direct3D9 and 10 and both on hardware and software. I noticed that either the EE or the GS goes up to 99%-100%, even though either my GPU or CPU aren't occupied that much. So I'm just curious why it won't run at like 60 fps in-game, even though my CPU and GPU aren't as occupied as EE and GS? It runs at 50-60 fps in menus btw., it's just when i start playing. Also in Battlefront 2 it starts at a good 50 fps and the second i turn around it keeps being low at 30-40fps and in Midnight Club 3 it's when i face certain directions like the city, because when i'm looking at the sea it's good at 60fps. I know the GPU isn't that good but i think it should handle ps2 games and as i said it's not as occupied as the EE, at 14% maximum. I don't use any speedhacks or patches, it's a clean install, all i did is configure my x360 pad and tried running it on various renderers. So yeah that's it, thanks in advantage for any suggestions.

Sponsored links

Midnight club 3 is very demanding, your laptop processor might not be enough to handle the game. On the other game, provide your EE and GS values during slowdown and also provide a screenshot of your gsdx plugin settings and speedhacks section settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-18-2015, 09:25 PM)ssakash Wrote: Midnight club 3 is very demanding, your laptop processor might not be enough to handle the game. On the other game, provide your EE and GS values during slowdown and also provide a screenshot of your gsdx plugin settings and speedhacks section settings.

These are the screens you wanted plus some error that pops up on startup in the console, if it is of any relevance. And what do you mean with EE and GS values on slowdown, should i also make screens of them or is it ok if i just tell you? Because there are no such particular slowdowns in Battlefront 2 it is slow all the time at 30 to 40 fps Unsure.

EDIT: The speedhack section is in german, i dunno if you can so something with it, sorry Laugh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Enable mtvu hack and increase the EE and VU sliders by one value and try again.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-18-2015, 09:41 PM)ssakash Wrote: Enable mtvu hack and increase the EE and VU sliders by one value and try again.

Wow thank you very much Biggrin. It runs a lot better now at 50fps and EE decreased down to 60-70% Laugh. The sound is just a little bit buggy now but that doesn't bother me too much. Do you think i could increase the sliders just by one again to make it run at 60 fps, or would that break the game? Thank you for your help Happy.
sometimes, It might help. it is better to experiment it yourself. Smile
- Refraction
(04-18-2015, 09:51 PM)ssakash Wrote: sometimes, It might help. it is better to experiment it yourself. Smile

Yeah i get what you mean Laugh. Thanks anyways, i didn't want to fiddle around with these options as haven't got any knowledge. Thanks mate Happy