Little problem with FPS
Hi guys!
Good evening.
I recentely download and installed the pcsx2 emulator but I have a little problem with the fps.
I play Kingdom Hearts 2 final mix and,when I play it without the 60 fps patch,it runs very well!
But when I apply the patch the game drops the fps to 40(in battle sequences).

My GPU is a GTX 1060 3gb
And my CPU is a AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor(6 CPUs 3.5GHz)
Is it normal?
Thanks for the support anyway!

Sponsored links

Probably, you are trying to put extra demands on a CPU that is not great for PCSX2. Luckily the game you are trying to run is not one of the most demanding, but trying to do a 60fps patch will not help. An overclock on your CPU might improve your performance I am just not sure it if will be enough to maintain 60fps all the time.
(02-02-2019, 06:37 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Probably, you are trying to put extra demands on a CPU that is not great for PCSX2.  Luckily the game you are trying to run is not one of the most demanding, but trying to do a 60fps patch will not help.  An overclock on your CPU might improve your performance I am just not sure it if will be enough to maintain 60fps all the time.
Thanks for the reply!Maybe I will replace the CPU,do you have some suggests?
Anything AMD before Ryzen should be avoided. Ryzen should be generally fine for a lot of games (except the really demanding\troublesome ones).

For intel a 3.5GHz or higher 4th gen (haswell) is good and on the used markets relatively well priced and will handle most games fine. Newer and faster will do better.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html basically 1,600 or higher on this list will handle non demanding titles ok and 2,000 or higher is recomended for more demanding titles. It will just come down to budget, availability in yor area, and what you wish to do on your system as to what might be the best fit for you.
Wrong! you keep on giving wrong info. KH2 isn't that heavy of a game, instead of saying buy a new cpu, try to give some valid solutions. Everybody can say buy a new cpu if yours not up to snuff, but it doesn't really solve the issue he has. OP if the game runs just fine @ 60 fps WITHOUT the patch then just remove the 60 fps patch? The 60 fps patch doesn't always work flawlessly.
I did mention that Kingdom Hearts II is not that demanding of a game. I also mentioned that the 60fps patch was making the game more demanding and that it might not be a good idea to use it. The recommendation that I gave wasn't overclock to see if maybe that would allow the OP to maintain the 60fps.

I did not recommend the new CPU, but when I asked about a new CPU I gave recommendations of some CPUs because that was what was that asked.