Loading external/custom saves into GTA Vice City Stories
Hi all,

I'm trying to load up some custom save files I've found (not my own, from GameFAQs and the like) into GTA Vice City Stories. The problem is, I cannot for the life of me get the game to recognise them. All the saves I have tried have been Maxdrive saves (.max), and imported using mymc. The game appears to completely ignore them (and starting a new game each time) even when they're clearly in the .ps2 memcard file. I'm using the NTSC (USA) copy on the 2.30 USA BIOS, I'm not sure if this is a factor when it comes to loading saves.

This is what I've tried so far:

- Tried many different saves from different sources (though, they don't mention anything about regions/versions or anything - again, not sure if its an issue or not).
- Letting the game create a save, and then overwriting it with the imported save.
- Tried converting the memory cards to folder memory cards (with the imported save inside), and then back to 8MB memory cards again.
- Tried on the PAL and NTSC versions of the game (didn't switch the bios though).
- Tried all of the above on the latest stable (1.6.0) and the latest dev build (1.7.0-dev-1619-g0bd65614d) to no avail.

I see no erroneous messages from the log, it just shows that PCSX2 has seen and (supposedly) read the memory cards - but that's it. No crashes, no error messages, nothing. I have come across an issue thread on GitHub covering the same issue, it seems to be a GTA thing apparently, and it seems some discoveries have been made regarding this issue (something about file order of the save file itself?). Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Sponsored links