Loadstate occasionally fails in 0.9.8
(09-13-2011, 06:43 AM)b1naryatr0phy Wrote: ...
[Image: uglyerror.jpg]
This can happen if the sstate file was created with one plugin version, but loaded with another plugin version (per plugin, but especially spu2x).

I'm not sure that's the only cause for this message, but it might be at least some of your cases.

I'll change the plugins to be more strict in this regard.

Sponsored links

(09-13-2011, 07:46 PM)avih Wrote: This can happen if the sstate file was created with one plugin version, but loaded with another plugin version (per plugin, but especially spu2x).

I'm not sure that's the only cause for this message, but it might be at least some of your cases.

I'll change the plugins to be more strict in this regard.

I actually already addressed this in my third post of this thread, which again is not causing the particular issue I'm having.

(09-13-2011, 07:25 AM)b1naryatr0phy Wrote: Thanks for your help Laugh If I get bored I'll try debugging it.

This same error message can be replicated by switching certain plugins before loading a savestate, but I assume that is by design.

[Image: 1467117.png] ^_^
grab Process Explorer 15 and enable the Virtual memory column

when it fails to load, how close is the virtual allocations to 2GB?
[Image: uglyerror2.jpg]
The point isn't renaming the directory, but the standard permissions set in Windows Vista/Windows 7. U can't change the permissions of Program Files, since it's a standard directory used by Windows. So I still would say try to install it to My Documents or if you have a second partition try installing it there Smile
Oh ok I understand what ya mean now Strife, my bad Blush

No I've never used the installer, I just download the binaries directly. Pcsx's directory is on a completely separate hard drive than my OS. I've tried moving it between 2 of my secondary hard drives with no success Sad

I actually just took a course on win7 and server '08 security & permissions last term in college, so I do understand that permissions can create complications for programs under certain conditions. But my secondary hdd's all have very loose restrictions set, as far as permissions go. Still, I checked and double checked to see if any permission settings might be conflicting with the pcsx emulator (and nothing else on that drive,) but I'm not seeing anything that might be the cause of this problem.
virtual size isn't anywhere near the 32bit app limit, so it must be something else.

what about the threads list, is there less or more when the issue occurs?
No threads are either created or destroyed when the issue occurs, however...

One thing I had completely forgotten about was that the emulator locks up after the issue occurs; it doesn't completely freeze, I can still navigate the menu items and even select them, but the emulator quits rendering to the window and CPU usage drops to ≈0. The window doesn't go black, it simply halts on the last frame it rendered.

Although you may have already known that considering the same thing happens when switching a plugin before loading from loadstate.
And on an even sadder note, I'm able to recreate the issue in the latest svn build Sad