Logitech F310 USB gamepad doesn't work in flatpak
I installed the PCSX2 Flatpak about a year ago and my Logitech F310 USB gamepad just worked  Biggrin , then I wound up using my physical PS2 instead. I just upgraded the flatpak to version 1.7.4583, but now my gamepad does nothing, both in the games SSX on Tour and Jonny Mosely's Mad Trix, and in "Start BIOS" (the PS2's built-in Browser / System Configuration menu). My laptop keyboard emulates some gamepad controls, but not the thumbsticks.

During startup, terminal output includes
[    0.5408] (SDLInputSource) Controller 0 inserted

[    0.5923] (SDLInputSource) Opened game controller 0 (instance id 0, player id 0): Logitech Dual Action
[    0.5924] (SDLInputSource) Rumble is supported on 'Logitech Dual Action' via gamecontroller

Settings  > Controller > Global Settings defaults to Enable SDL Input Source checked, and with this it displays "SDL-0: Logitech F310" under Detected Devices. That all looks promising, yet the gamepad does nothing. Settings > Controller Port 1 defaults to "DualShock 2", the only other option is "Not connected".

The F310 gamepad has a switch for XInput or DirectInput mode. I've tried both.

Do I need to add some device access to the flatpak? Should I change Controller Port 1 or set up USB Port 1 for Logitech F310? Must I configure an input plugin? Again, around a year ago the controller "just worked." I can't find a PCSX2 guide or help for setting up or debugging the game controller. Thanks!

Sponsored links

flatpak is unsupported.
either contact flatpak makers, or use latest appimage
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2023, 04:52 AM)skierpage Wrote: I installed the PCSX2 Flatpak about a year ago and my Logitech F310 USB gamepad just worked  Biggrin , then I wound up using my physical PS2 instead. I just upgraded the flatpak to version 1.7.4583, but now my gamepad does nothing
It seems the newer version left my Controller Port 1 emulation in keyboard mode. In Settings > Controllers > Controller Port 1 (DualShock 2) , the default bindings are to "Keyboard (keyboard)". I realized if I click the [ X Automatic] button on the left, the pop-up menu has SDL-0 (Logitech F310) in addition to Keyboard and Mouse, and if I choose the former a bunch of debug output appears in the terminal and my gamepad works perfectly  Smile
  • I wonder if others have to do this or whether it's just some wrinkle of my settings, the flatpak, and/or how I started PCSX2.
  • It seems you can't have keyboard emulation of the DualShock 2 and gamepad emulation going at the same time? It might be nice to allow both at the same time.

(06-20-2023, 06:29 AM)jesalvein Wrote: flatpak is unsupported.
I gently ask you to reconsider, flatpak is a well-thought-out distribution-agnostic sandboxing approach for applications. It's standard on Fedora and several other distributions, and I think the Steam Deck.
(08-22-2023, 01:15 PM)skierpage Wrote: I gently ask you to reconsider, flatpak is a well-thought-out distribution-agnostic sandboxing approach for applications. It's standard on Fedora and several other distributions, and I think the Steam Deck.
problem is we don't make those builds, and don't know what's inside, or what has been modified.
We simply can't support what we don't make.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go