Logitech G25 wheel with PCSX2 (GT4)
(07-12-2012, 11:18 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: nothing of this level really.

i might try talking billiard into taking a look, his gcpad code has full implementation of the DiFFB types.

Hi Squall. Did you ever get a reply from Billiard for this issue? Also, you may want to bring this to Skidau's attention. I don't know if you read that Dolphin thread again, but him and another guy named Ulao managed to incorporate TRUE BALLS TO THE WALL support for Logitech's Speed Force FFB GameCube wheel!

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dol...le-support

That means that if you set port 1 to wheel in the Dolphin config menu, the pad plugin will allow games like F-Zero GX to fully recognized any force feedback PC steering wheel as a true FFB steering wheel device!!!!!!!!!!! The results are astonishing to say the least.

l was gobsmacked and over the moon when they implemented this into their pad plugin!! So you see, if Skidau and Ulao can do this for Dolphin, perhaps they can do it for PCSX2 as well. I'd say have them scrap LilyPad altogether, and incorporate a tweaked version of their Dolphin Pad plugin into PCSX2, with 100% FULL support and compatibility for all Logitech FFB wheels, as well as support for Namco's JogCon and NeGcon. JoGcon in particular because that is the device that I *believe* Ridge Racer 5 delivers true ffb effects to.

Squall what do you think of this idea? certainly should be doable right?

Sponsored links

I got this fetish for driving games and no driving simulator game for PC has 722 cars.. So yeah here comes PCSX2 that is able to emulate Gran Turismo 4 but there isnt much satisfaction in playing it with a keyboard. So please guys try to find the right guy that can make steering wheels work in GT4.

Salut
NaikJoy
(02-18-2013, 06:40 AM)naik2222 Wrote: I got this fetish for driving games and no driving simulator game for PC has 722 cars.. So yeah here comes PCSX2 that is able to emulate Gran Turismo 4 but there isnt much satisfaction in playing it with a keyboard. So please guys try to find the right guy that can make steering wheels work in GT4.

Salut
NaikJoy

Amen to that brother.
Its not a solution what you want but- you can always play with controller instead of keyboard. Yes, its not a wheel at all, but at least you wil have analog steering control, analog accelerate and brake and vibration. It is something at least Rolleyes. Xbox360 pad works great with this game, no problem assign accelerate and brake on triggers and with little tweaking sensitivy and response are great and linear.
(02-18-2013, 03:20 PM)Isamu Wrote: Amen to that brother.

Thanks bro. Let's keep this thread alive every now and then when we remember to play Granturismo 4

(02-18-2013, 03:58 PM)mroussev Wrote: Its not a solution what you want but- you can always play with controller instead of keyboard. Yes, its not a wheel at all, but at least you wil have analog steering control, analog accelerate and brake and vibration. It is something at least Rolleyes. Xbox360 pad works great with this game, no problem assign accelerate and brake on triggers and with little tweaking sensitivy and response are great and linear.

Thats a cheap way of putting it. And believe me I already tried with a gamepad. But I havent tried with a dual shock yet. I wish to play Gran Turismo with a steering wheel tho. They did a really god job in emulating games like Tekken, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of Collousus, Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter.. But for GranTurismo its not enough just the emulation.. someone needs to make a plugin that can emulate the Logitech Driving Force steering wheel.

I'll keep this thread alive now and then..someone might do something in a few years
ATTENTION PCSX2 DEVELOPERS AND FANS....

I just had a conversation with a friend of mine who just happens to be one of the developers of the Nintendo Dolphin emulator. He is the guy who actually found a way to implement support for Logitech Speed Force FFB steering wheels in the Dolphin emulator. I can confirm that it was indeed successful because Dolphin now sends TRUE force feedback effects to your ffb wheel when playing games like F-Zero GX.

The gentlemen goes by the name Skidau. Skidau is actually very interested in helping get Logitech Driving Force Pro and G25 wheel support into PCSX2. But he cannot figure out how to emulate the PS2's USB port connectivity. This is needed in order to emulate those wheels properly. Once he has USB emulation figured out in PCSX2, he could then proceed with implementing proper emulation support for Logitech steering wheels.

Skid has indicated that he has attempted to reach out to the PCSX2 devs about getting assistance in understanding how to emulate the PS2 USB functionality, but has not been given any response.

To rama, refraction, devilish etc...if you guys are reading this,

PLEASE do what you can to assist Skidau in getting this PS2 USB problem worked out so he can proceed with implementing Logitech wheel support. It is something he is desperately hoping to accomplish and after the work he did on Dolphin, I have no doubt he can succeed.

In addition, Skid also pointed out that he is interested in adding support for the padGnneco plugin into PCSX2, so that we can have Namco NeGcon and JoGcon emulation. I have a JoGcon and when you use it with Ridge Racer V, the game delivers ACTUAL true FFB to the device(not just rumble). This would allow us to use our FFb wheel and play RRV with real FFB!

Please devs contact skidau or let me know via PM and I will have him contact you so you guys can assist him with this.

Please guys, it would mean a lot to us, thanks.
(02-19-2013, 03:58 PM)Isamu Wrote: Please devs contact skidau or let me know via PM and I will have him contact you so you guys can assist him with this.

Please guys, it would mean a lot to us, thanks.

Thanks man Smile
This is his email.. I just wrote to him telling him thanks for his kindness.

*edited by avih (please don't post email addresses of people unless they agree to): skidau's email was here.

And THANKS to you to Isamu
Rolleyes
No problem. I'll do what I can to help this cause. I know USB emulation is a bit on the complicated side, but at least tweak the emu to support the padGnneco plugin. It actually shows up in PCSX2 and allows you to configure your controls, but delivers an error upon launching a game Sad
keep the hope alive, is there any new on this?? enthusia and gt4 deserve full ffb support
Dang I forgot all about Enthusia.