Logo Design Winners!
I could always post a link on his comments and find out

Sponsored links

Permission from the original author or not, I find it a bit discouraging that the logo isn't really a design for the contest itself. I mean, I could go sifting through DeviantArt and find more than a few decent candidates for prettying up PCSX2's about box. That's not what the contest was meant to be about.

No decision on the action we'll take has been made as of yet though.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
mine was done from a deviant artist that's a personal friend of mine, which I modified and such, but I had premission, i isn't that hard to ask
too bad i never got to join this contest Sad

great creations for them tho Smile congratulations to them winners Smile
[Image: asddads.png]
My Turtle Box:
Intel i3 @ 2.7Ghz
Corsair 4gb DDR3
HD4670 1024mb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
@Air
Quote:I could go sifting through DeviantArt and find more than a few decent candidates for prettying up PCSX2's about box.

Why not. Just do it. It's not as if there was a big price to win from the competition, anyway. Even if a winner is canceled , he won't loose much.
(08-14-2009, 02:29 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: @Air
Quote:I could go sifting through DeviantArt and find more than a few decent candidates for prettying up PCSX2's about box.

Why not. Just do it. It's not as if there was a big price to win from the competition, anyway. Even if a winner is canceled , he won't loose much.

so I'll steal your work and post it all over the net as mine, that sound ok to you? I know it's not ok to me to have my works used without my permission on sites I've never heard of untill they get swipped

The goal of this was to find something to put in their program, if this was finalized and he found it, think of the backlash to the pcsx2 team, for using copyrighted work without the artist's permission,
@Saiki
Sorry, I omitted to say that he'll ask author permission.
Most artist accept, I think.
And if it's "creative common' license, it's not stealing, if you give to author credits.
some do, if you ask first, yes. I don't see a "Creative Common" lisence on it. usually it says so

edit: I was just talking to him, this is what he has to say on the matter:

Quote:I say:
hey, you're online
I say:
can I bother ya for a min?
ongakujunkie says:
sure
ongakujunkie says:
btw, who is this?
I say:
saiki-spirt from da
ongakujunkie says:
ohh
I say:
and saiki on pcsx2.net lol
ongakujunkie says
i haven't checked deviant art in ages lol
I say:
lol
I say:
I noticed
I say:
4 weeks on my friends list lol
ongakujunkie says:
haha
ongakujunkie says:
i don't believed we talked before though, right?
I say:
pc is being a pain, bear with me
ongakujunkie says:
who's tayfun?
I say:
nope, not before now
ongakujunkie says:
he's using my drawing as an image =[
I say:
tayfunn is someone on pcsx2
ongakujunkie says:
mhm
I say:
so I take it he didn't get your permission to use that image did he?
ongakujunkie says:
no, haha
ongakujunkie says:
i do'nt mind though
ongakujunkie says:
so i don't see any reason to make a big deal out of it
I say:
alright, mind if I quote this convo on pcsx2?
ongakujunkie says:
haha sure

He also commented that it wasn't like pcsx2 was making any big profits on it, so he didn't care (I missed that in the log aparently) but I agree with air completely, that wasn't what this was about.
ding dang dong @_@ i just PM this @Tayfun bloke to ask him to let me use that pic lol. so im guessing from the convo that @ongakujunkie doesn't mind if we use his artwork? i'll give him credit offcourse
Nice designs cant wait for new PCSX2
"investigation about simple photoshoped PS2 controller Laugh"

" Artist's Comments
Playstation 1 controller. " Wacko