Looking to change the slowdown on my PC...
Hey fellas I'm a new user, hi!

Here's my PC specs because I'm having an issue...

Processor: AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 3.30GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Windows 10 Pro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was told that this PS2 Emulator is the one recommended by my Facebook Friends. I'm using the PCSX2 stand alone version 1.6.0, when I installed it, it picked up my Xbox One controller with no problem. But when I run games, the games run a bit slow. Is there anyway to configure the emulator to get rid of the slowdown? I would appreciate any tips you fellas give me. Smile

Sponsored links

Which game ?
Keep in mind your CPU is considered slow for pcsx2 anyways
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm trying to run Haunting Ground, Kuon, and Rule of Rose. When I bought this PC a few months ago, it plays GTA V with no slowdown whatsoever. And my Steam PC games run with no slowdown either, my Gamecube emulation runs really smooth, too.
Emulating a PS2 is different than playing a native PC games or even emulated Gamecube games, keep that in mind.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
your CPU's STR is below 1400.
and i second Bloodraynare : GTA V isn't an amulated game, steam games aren't either, and gamecube games aren't emulated by pcsx2.
comparing all this is a complete nonsense.
FTR, we recommend having a CPU with at least 1600 STR to hope getting "medium games" playable

means the results you get are to be expected...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay, thanks for the info. Take care.