Looking to upgrade
So I’m looking at buying a new laptop since my old one won’t play games on pcsx2 emulator without lag and definitely won’t play ps3 games on its emulator. So looking for suggestions on a good gaming laptop that will allow me to do both and won’t cost me over $1,500. Did some research of my own but just wanted to see what the pcsx2 community would recommend. Thanks.

Sponsored links

Post some sites from which you prefer to buy a laptop
(02-18-2020, 10:22 PM)vsub Wrote: Post some sites from which you prefer to buy a laptop
i guess amazon, dell, OfficeMax to name a few.

Would this be fast enough to run ps2 and ps3 games just curious thanks.
I am not sure but something seems off...way too many good things at that price(there will probably be one or two bad things about it)

1.How much are you willing to spend
2.What size it has to be the screen
3.Storage size
4.With or without SSD
sub.. not THAT far off.. I got the 2018 model with the ryzen 2500u, 256gb nvme and 8gb ram for 540.. all they did was get the newer base model, slap in a new nvme, and added a lot of ram (mine only goes to 16gb last I checked .. so if its off, thats where it's off).. for an extra 400 dollars.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(02-21-2020, 01:35 AM)scythefwd Wrote: sub.. not THAT far off.. I got the 2018 model with the ryzen 2500u, 256gb nvme and 8gb ram for 540.. all they did was get the newer base model, slap in a new nvme, and added a lot of ram (mine only goes to 16gb last I checked .. so if its off, thats where it's off).. for an extra 400 dollars.

so can you play games on the pcsx2 without any problems and have you tried the rcps3 out. Just curious.
(02-21-2020, 02:47 AM)Cutehis23satx Wrote: so can you play games on the pcsx2 without any problems and have you tried the rcps3 out. Just curious.
It's not that simple.  I can play kingdom hearts 2 and only have slowdowns in some of the fmv.  Means I can probably play just about any of the final fantasy games just fine.  I have NO CHANCE of playing some of the more heavy games like Shadow of the colossus.  You can play some games in pcsx2.. you wont be able to play everything.

I haven't played with rpcs3.. I dont really have any games to even try it with ..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case