Lord Of The Rings The Third Age Performance Setup Help
Hey guys, for a long time now I've been trying to get one of my favorite PS2 games to work well on my computer (Lord Of The Rings The Third Age)
I've tried a lot of configuring and can never get it to work without lag. I don't have the black bar issue that some people had with the game with PCSX2.

I would say my system specs are good enough, but here they are anyway - GTX 960, i5 [email protected], 12 GB RAM, Windows 10
So yeah, any help I could get to make this game run well I would appreciate. If it's my processor causing the problem then that's quite upsetting as it was quite expensive.
I've tried reading other threads and they weren't much help to me.

Sponsored links

It is a demanding game. I have a GTX 970 and 4690K and until i overclocked (to 4.5 GHz), I got some lag. I think it is a game that you may be limited to by your CPU. Can you post your settings?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(02-03-2016, 09:32 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: It is a demanding game. I have a GTX 970 and 4690K and until i overclocked (to 4.5 GHz), I got some lag. I think it is a game that you may be limited to by your CPU. Can you post your settings?

Where do I get them from? Do you want me to type it all manually or is there a notepad file somewhere or something?
For the Emulation Settings, there is a button at the bottom left of the window that will make an image of the tab that you have open. You will need to do this for each tab, but you can skip Game Fixes if you haven't done anything with it.

If you are on at least 1.4.0 (which you should be) and are using a Preset (bottom left of the screen) you can also just tell us which preset you are on.

When posting the configuration for specific plugins (GSdx and SPU2-X) people just post images by using the Print Screen key (PrtSrc, usually somewhere on the top right of your keyboard) and pasting that into an image program (like MS Paint) and attaching them to their forum post.