Lord of the Rings: The Third Age setup help
well, i can't really seem to get this working for the life of me. my original setup which i played kingdom hearts, Resident evil 4 and final fantasy X was working perfectly fine, but is being a tard for this.

Check my setup.

( i always disable all speedhack when starting a new game, so that i get a feel for what is needed)

i dont feel like listing my spec, and since i can play a myriad of games fine, i dont see why my computer wouldn't be able to handle this.

Anyway, the problem is, that the screen is constantly flickering to what was shown maybe 3 seconds prior, which is seizure inducing, and there are black transparent bars going down my screen.

Sponsored links

Well, you should post your specs anyway. Even if your PC can play a bunch of games, there is still many games that can be a unique situation. Let those you're asking for help from know, as they're the one's who may then see why your PC can't handle it. Smile

BTW - A search for "Lord of the Rings" on this site yields this thread on the game and it's black line issue.
One thing I noticed is that simply pressing ESC then resume your game also gets rid of the black bars, but only for a while. As I said in the thread linke by Rezard there just doesnt seem to be a good solution yet. As for the flickering, I dont know whats causing that since I never had that problem with my game.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
haha, i put my spec as my signature, so now i wont have to list it with any new threads.

anyways, there they areBiggrin
CPU- Intel Core i7 @1.60GHz 1.60GHz
GPU- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870
RAM- 8GB DDRIII
OS- Windows 7 64 bit
Ok, so i have reach a point where it barely flickers (which i can live with) and the speed is actually pretty good. Setting the Vu stealer from 0 to 1 cause an insane boost in speed, but absolutly destroys the graphics.

But the only problem i have left, is that the screen freezes at the would be loading screen of or at the very start of the battle. Is there a patch that might fix this, or should i try the multipurpose gamefix in the menu and see if that works?

EDITSadOk, so the multipurpose game fix does nothing, which i didnt expect it would. But quicksaving my game, exiting then rebooting the program and loading the save unfreezes the game during the battles. WHich, of course, has presented my with another problem, IT FREEZES ALL THE FREAKING TIME DURING BATTLES!! We are talking like, once ever 3 seconds kinda freezing.

Any tips?)
RAM- 8GB DDRIII
OS- Windows 7 64 bit
Have you tried DX10 Software Renderer for GSdx? It's good for cleaning up graphics issues, but you'll be stuck on native resolution. With your i7-720QM, you may have decent speed with software mode. It uses your CPU, not GPU. While PCSX2 only uses 2 cores of your processor normally (Hardware mode), I understand software mode will actually utilize more threads/cores. It's just my guess, but it may even prove to be faster (maybe) in some cases than when your CPU runs just 2 cores at 2.4Ghz. Just watch your CPU temps in that laptop, especially with Software Renderer.
changing to software mode actually make the game run even worse on my computer. With these problems i can't even get past the first battle. NOt because of the speed, because the slower speeds i can easily live with, but it just freezes all the time during battles, never during the cutscene-ish things. Oh and also, the video that plays when first starting the game is always completly black, but the sound plays fine
RAM- 8GB DDRIII
OS- Windows 7 64 bit
OK, i finally got past the first battle.

When i use the GSdx 3068 SSE41, i can play through the battle without the game freezing, but the cutscenes emit a loud beep sound every couple of seconds.

When i use the GSdx 3068 SSE2, the battle freeze, but the cutscenes play fine except for a little flickers, which isn't that bad.

But both plugins freeze immediatly when i enter in the roaming mode.

Almost about to give up, even with this breakthrough, any more tips?
RAM- 8GB DDRIII
OS- Windows 7 64 bit
I'm guessing you tried SSSE3 already, but have you tried ZeroGS? Set Clamping mode to "None"? Just throwin 'em out there at this point. Smile
(09-16-2010, 07:58 AM)Rezard Wrote: I'm guessing you tried SSSE3 already, but have you tried ZeroGS? Set Clamping mode to "None"? Just throwin 'em out there at this point. Smile

I don't know why i didn't think of that already, but i tried it, and the cutscenes work, the battles don't freeze, and i can run around just fine.

The speed i can live with, but the screen still does that annoying flicker thing where it shows something that was on the screen a few seconds prior.

BUt his is thebest i've ever had it so that you very much, i l continue to fiddle with it
RAM- 8GB DDRIII
OS- Windows 7 64 bit