Lost progress any way to restore?
I was playing in PCSX2 and suddenly the power went out. I had quite a big of progress from my last save I was wondering if PCSX2 has any method of restoring a session?

Sponsored links

nope.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Alright thanks.
Even if you had saved your progress in a save state, it would have probably been corrupted because of the sudden power out. so, no other way AFAIK.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-29-2015, 06:31 AM)ssakash Wrote: Even if you had saved your progress in a save state, it would have probably been corrupted because of the sudden power out. so, no other way AFAIK.

Only if the power went out during the writing of the state to disk. And even then, you'd have the backup state.

I have experienced this first hand. Had several power outages one day while playing PCSX2 during bad weather. One right during a save state. But the backup still worked.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I think it may also get corrupted when the power also goes down while not writing the state to disk. I have experienced it before, I had made a save state 1 minute before the power shutdown and it was still corrupted. of course, the back up state worked. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
That isn't physically possible - unless for some reason your PC delayed the write of the save state, or it was in the cache of the drive.

Once a state is written to disk it isn't touched for write access again - so how could it be corrupted?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-29-2015, 07:15 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Once a state is written to disk it isn't touched for write access again - so how could it be corrupted?
that's what I'm asking about Tongue2 , I can't think of any other reasons than it delayed the write of the save state.
- Refraction
Caching writes to the hdd is not that uncommon... The reason for always to log off an usb device instead of just pulling it out.