Lost save files
Heart 

Hi! So, today I re-configurated PCSX2 on my pc because i had to reset all the files on the computer (of course i kept all the pcsx2 files). I started the game (Kingdom hearts) and clicked on the memory card. It's empty Blink . Where could the save files be? i hope i didn't erase them when i reset the computer.

Sponsored links

Unless you had a portable.ini file in your pcsx2 folder, your memcards are (were ?) in my documents
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'd say you lost them all because like most people, you thought the installation files are more important than the settings created by an application, and you backed the wrong things up Tongue
(08-31-2013, 02:50 PM)Coornio Wrote: I'd say you lost them all because like most people, you thought the installation files are more important than the settings created by an application, and you backed the wrong things up Tongue

Well, when i backed up i just searched in all the computer files related to "PCSX2" "KINGDOM HEARTS" "SAVE" and i saved everything i found, wich is not much. I really didn't know where to look. I searched in documents, my programs and my games. I found the two memory cards files, but now they are named in blue (?) and they share the same size (8.448 KB).
of course, they are the same size.
when you're using your real PS2, the real memcard doesn't increase its storage capacity when you save your games.

just insert your old memcards into pcsx2 and load the game from there.
If they are in blue, it means they are NTFS compressed. Don't do anything about it, that won't change anything for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-31-2013, 10:49 PM)jesalvein Wrote: just insert your old memcards into pcsx2 and load the game from there.

What do you mean my "old memcards" ? I don't have new ones now, they are the same.
(09-02-2013, 05:21 PM)TheMarkOfKri Wrote: What do you mean my "old memcards" ? I don't have new ones now, they are the same.

if you backed up the ones under "documents" before and have put them back in the same place, but downloaded an SVN version, they will be in the wrong location most likely. you will need to copy them to the memcards folder in your PCSX2 installation folder if thats the case.

of course you need to do it the other way round if they are currently in your pcsx2 folder Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]