Lots of frames dropping on i7
(09-19-2014, 11:30 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: NOOOOOOO

Yes!

Sponsored links

(09-20-2014, 12:44 AM)markyrocks69 Wrote: Yes!

As someone who has more experience here don't do it
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
7 threads is too much. Regardless of how many cores you have, over 4 threads has almost no benefit. In this case you are setting 8 threads (1 + 7) on a 4 core / 8 thread processor. So at least 1 core / 2 threads are sharing resources with the main emulator, which will slow it down in demanding situations.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Emulation Settings: Set VUs to Nearest and Extra

It works for my Socom 3, so it may work for the other versions too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
I sort of gave up on this. No matter what settings I use, the game still lags. All the %'s never go above 30%. The slowdowns are ridiculous.
(09-19-2014, 07:19 PM)willkuer Wrote: Which speedhack gave you lines on the screen? Normally the recommended speedhacks (all tickboxes except MTVU and FastCDVD) don't harm the emulation that much.

During slowdowns what are the EE% and GS% readings in the title bar in windowed mode?
GFX Plugin Settings;
[Image: wDgoTWL.png]

Speedhacks;
[Image: 9PIXZcv.png]

Everything else is Default

Videos;
Screen tearing + EE%

Combined Assault runs better than Socom 2, but the screen tearing is atrocious.
(09-22-2014, 04:35 PM)Smoshi Wrote: I sort of gave up on this. No matter what settings I use, the game still lags. All the %'s never go above 30%. The slowdowns are ridiculous.

Can you upload a video of what's happening? I was having freezing and frame drops. I moved iso files to slave drive and it fixed it. Windows beats up my hardrive for some reason.

Edit. I watched video. I see graphics error but not much else idk
(09-22-2014, 05:46 PM)markyrocks69 Wrote: Can you upload a video of what's happening? I was having freezing and frame drops. I moved iso files to slave drive and it fixed it. Windows beats up my hardrive for some reason.

Edit. I watched video. I see graphics error but not much else idk

With socom 2, it's unplayable. FPS drops to about 30, but EE and VU percentages always stay below 40%.
Try turning anisotropic filtering down or off. Maybe use hw hacks skipdraw set to 1-5 see if it helps it