Low FPS?
Hello all. I just downloaded PCSX2 trying to play Okami on my computer, but it'll run slow no matter what I do.

So this is my computer:

AMD FX 4100 Quad-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a
RAM 4GB
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1
And DirectX11

I've been watching videos and reading some posts on this site but none did work. Do I have to download something, change the configuration, or just give up 'cause my computer is bad? I'm running PCSX2 0.9.8.

Well, I just want this game to be playable. Since it has so many cutscenes...

Sponsored links

First, You are using an outdated and unsupported version.
please update to latest stable

second, you are probably going to be limited by your CPU.
Okami can be quite demanding, and your CPU is unfortunately quite bad for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The bulldozer processors(like the FX 4100) have very low single threaded performance and this makes them not ideal for PCSX2. However, it's not hopeless, but this is what you will need to do:

First of all, you will need a dedicated graphics card. There is no chance at all that one will run it. You can get away with something reasonable cheap, but it will need to be dedicated.

Secondly, get the latest PCSX2 from http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-GIT-Weekly-Builds as 0.9.8 is incredibly old.

Thirdly, overclock that processor to at least 4 Ghz.

That should do it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, I knew my card was bad. I already had that in mind when I bought this computer. But I'm gonna try that, thank you for your quick replies :D