Low FPS,GPU usage,CPU usage,RAM usage - High End PC
(12-03-2016, 03:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what do the ee% & GS% say when you get slowdowns in black ?
EE:66% GS:66%

(12-03-2016, 03:41 PM)refraction Wrote: I didn't say use Native, but your speed improved though right? Tongue

Can you show us the rest of your emulator settings tabs please? so we can get a good look at everything involved.  It does look like you have space for more performance.

Just to rule things out, can you change GSDX to DX11 Software mode, then change Rendering Threads at the bottom to 4 or 5 and see what sort of speed you get, if that is quicker it is a driver/GPU/GS Plugin speed limitation.  

Also you haven't said what version of PCSX2 you are using.
I mainly use the version from August 8th 2016 but i tried the version from December 2nd 2016 (Released yesterday) too (same result in both).
I tried what you suggested,It's even WORSE,
Graphical glitches all over the place,27 FPS when slowdowns happen.
GPU load usually sits at 0% and CPU usage is high in 7 cores!

Sponsored links

Why did you turn mtvu back off?

Secondly, please stop downloading builds from emucr, they are unofficial and unsupported, we don't know what they do to them. There is download links on our main site, please get it from there.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-03-2016, 06:13 PM)refraction Wrote: Why did you turn mtvu back off?

Secondly, please stop downloading builds from emucr, they are unofficial and unsupported, we don't know what they do to them. There is download links on our main site, please get it from there.

I downloaded 1.4.0 from PCSX2 website and the problem is exactly the same,
Maybe is that because i use the GSDX AVX CPU Instruction version?
The AVX version should be okay, you could try the SSE2 version if you want to be sure.

If you want a recent build that we will support, you can get it from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

1.4.0 is fine to use though, but there have been GSDX improvements since 1.4.0

(12-03-2016, 09:53 PM)refraction Wrote: The AVX version should be okay, you could try the SSE2 version if you want to be sure.  

If you want a recent build that we will support, you can get it from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

1.4.0 is fine to use though, but there have been GSDX improvements since 1.4.0

Still the same Sad
Okay I just tried the game and in the same place I got 140fps, with similar settings. Can you please post your emulog after running the game?

PS I hate unskippable videos Tongue

(12-04-2016, 02:30 AM)refraction Wrote: Okay I just tried the game and in the same place I got 140fps, with similar settings. Can you please post your emulog after running the game?

PS I hate unskippable videos Tongue

My Emulog:

.txt   log.txt (Size: 12,68 KB / Downloads: 265)
hmm okay that didn't help :/ I guess the last thing is your SPU2-X settings, beyond that, I'm really not sure, your CPU isn't maxing out, nor is your GPU (overly beyond the odd spike anyway) and your settings don't look bad, yet I can play the EU version at 140fps.

(12-04-2016, 04:12 AM)refraction Wrote: hmm okay that didn't help :/ I guess the last thing is your SPU2-X settings, beyond that, I'm really not sure, your CPU isn't maxing out, nor is your GPU (overly beyond the odd spike anyway) and your settings don't look bad, yet I can play the EU version at 140fps.

Thank you so much for your support! Smile
Maybe i will update my drivers and see if there is any difference,
I'm not sure what the specifications for the PCSX2 is, but my specs are AMD Quad-Core Processor A8-7410 (Up to 2.5 ghz)

AMD Radeon R5 M335 with 2 GB dedicated VRam

8 GB DDR3 L Memory.

Are these specs insufficient to use the PS2 emulator? I thought for sure it would be enough.

It is still suffering slow downs (not horrific, but enough to prevent me from playing games).

The weird thing is my old Dual Core was able to run Godfather for PS2 on the PCSX 2 just fine (provided I put on Turbo). IT sped it up to a fairly normal speed.

I really hope someone can help shed light as to why my old Dual Core (with 3gb of ram) could actually handle playing Godfather, while a Quad Core with 5 gbs more ram can't handle playing Ape Escape Pumped and Prime or Digimon World 4.