Low FPS In Game - Armored Core 3
Hello everyone,

So I have recently started using PCSX2 to replay the Armored Core series.

I have had no problem with Armored Core 2 and Armored Core 2: Another Age; getting 60 fps for both. However, when I play Armored Core 3 I experience a huge drop in fps when ingame and specifically when there are multiple enemies/characters involved. The drop goes from around 60 fps to around 40 fps, but can go as low as 25 fps - anything below 50 fps is really unplayable in my view.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! 

Cheers,

QP

PS. I did have a look round the forum before posting and I was unable to extract an answer!

PPS. In case my system specs are required:
Processor:         Intel i7 - 920 @ 2.67 GHz
RAM:                 12 GB Dual - Channel DDR3 @ 534 MHz
Graphics Card:   1024 MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series

Sponsored links

Gonna need to OC that CPU. At it's base speed it has only 1161 STP, most games in PCSX2 need 1600 or more.

That model of CPU should OC very well so you should have no problems getting it up to speed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Damn! I hate overclocking! It's something I am a little cautious of doing Sad

Can you recomend a good tool or method?

Thanks for your help

QP
I recommend you Google for it. I can tell you the basics but it's always best to do your own research, especially if you've never done it before or are wary of it.

Here is somewhere to start: http://www.overclock.net/t/538439/guide-...-to-4-0ghz although it's a bit technical. Be wary of increasing vcore much if you are on a stock cooling setup.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Okay, thanks I will give it a go!

Yeah this is a stock cooler unfortunately, I keep meaning to get a better one! 

You say I need to be running at 1600 STP. How does this translate into GHz - I'm not familiar with this STP unit!

Thanks again,

QP
STP stands for single threaded performance and it's a fairly linear increase (on any given chip, but not between chips) with clock speed. Don't worry too much about hitting that specific number, just see what you can get to. If you want to test your STP after you overclock you can download Passmark Performance Test 8 and run the test "CPU - Single threaded" as that's what I base that 1600 number on.
(12-10-2015, 10:14 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: STP stands for single threaded performance and it's a fairly linear increase (on any given chip, but not between chips) with clock speed. Don't worry too much about hitting that specific number, just see what you can get to. If you want to test your STP after you overclock you can download Passmark Performance Test 8 and run the test "CPU - Single threaded" as that's what I base that 1600 number on.

Fantastic! Thank you for your help! 

QP
Hey again,

So I overclocked my computer and got to 1600 STP as you suggested, however when in game I still lose around 25 FPS?!

Is there any black magic I can do with the emulator, I don't want to push my CPU any further as only has a stock cooler.

Thanks again,

QP
You're likely not going to get much more out of it.

Try messing with speedhack, and have any upscaling
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-11-2015, 08:36 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You're likely not going to get much more out of it.

Try messing with speedhack, and have any upscaling

Okay I will give it a go and report back.

Thanks,

QP