Low FPS on Kingdom Hearts
Well, I usually play FF XII on my computer (I converted it to a .iso) and it works great. I thought it would be a good idea to try Kingdom Hearts well I get a lot of skips with it. Here is the kicker: on Kingdom Hearts I am using the game disc.

So I am wondering is it something to do with my configuration or my computer... or just due to the fact that I am using the game disc instead of an image.

Here are my pc specs

Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.67 GHz
Memory: 4 gigs
Video Card: Ati Radeon HD 4670 (512 MB)

Configuration:
Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
First Cont.: LilyPad svn (r1034) 0.10.0
Cdvdrom: P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0 the only one that would read the disc without giving me an error
I guess the rest doesn't matter...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

I play FFXII on disc myself. Takes up too much space for my liking. I can only tell you some of the problems I have with it that I don't have with other games and you can decide if it's because of the disc or not.

My copy of FFXII does not like speed hacks whatsoever. It also doesn't like frame skipping. I can use the VU frame skipping (which has been moved on the beta). If I try to use a speed hack the screen jumps around. Frame skip is simply completely incompatible and unplayable (unless you like seizures).

You should DL the new beta and give it a shot. You should also get the newer version of GSdx. That is if you insist on continuing to run the game on the disc and not just creating an iso and running it like you do FFXII.

The new beta is in the DLs section. Place it in your install directory, delete the inis in your ini folder, and completely reconfigure before playing. Here is the link to the newer GSdx. http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
well i always create ISO's of my games before testing on pcsx2 just to be sure the cdvd doesn't become a bottleneck in anything.
i recommend everyone to do the same if they want speed AND they want silence (my dvd drive is loud xD)
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Use the SSE41 plugin of gsdc and not SSSE3, it should give a boost in speed. Also what resolution are you playing at?
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
(06-14-2009, 05:30 AM)CrimsonLiquidLife Wrote: I can use the VU frame skipping (which has been moved on the beta).
well this is offtopic but, the VU skipping didn't get moved, it was removed (the VU Cycle Steal is just another speedhack) Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja