Low FPS on Windows 10
So, I recently upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Now every time I try to play any game on PCSX2 it gets extremely choppy. I can't barely stay at 40fps in hardware mode and Software mode is even worse.

Just before upgrading everything was peachy, I was playing my games with no fps issues whatsoever. I tried to delete the emulator and I did a clean install, even so, the issue continues.

my specs:

Intel i7 4790K 4.0 GHz
GTX 970
8 GB DRR3 1600 MHz
Windows 10 Pro x64

This is not the only program to have this issue. A game I bought on Steam, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 is also suffering from this same issue.

I'm planning to do a clean Windows install, this is why I hate to upgrade, it always ends up messing up things.

Sponsored links

try updating ur gpu http://www.geforce.com/drivers
It's already updated.

For future reference, I have everything updated to their latest releases, from BIOS, to GPU, OS and whatnot.
I seriously wonder why people were so eager to jump to Windows 10 when many emulators and their plugins are having so many issues.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
PCSX2 under windows 10 is fine.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-23-2015, 01:18 AM)nintendo85 Wrote: I seriously wonder why people were so eager to jump to Windows 10 when many emulators and their plugins are having so many issues.

what issue, all my emulators work fine and all my games run fine under 10
While I had a Windows 10 partition up, I noticed a significant performance drop compared to that which I experienced with Windows 7 x64. As a sort of control, I could manage close to 60 FPS with Soul Calibur 2, some light AA and upscaling. On Windows 10 I was lucky to manage half of that with identical configuration. It didn't seem like Windows was over-saturating the CPU, either.

Only thing I could pin it on is graphics driver support. I hadn't done much else to benchmark my experience with native games while I had Windows 10 set up.

I tried PCSX2 v1.2.1 and some nightly build on Win10, but I was just using v1.2.1 on Win7 prior.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.8 Ghz
RAM: 12GB DDR3 1600
SSD: 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD
HDD: 3 x 500GB WD Blue 7.2k RPM in RAID-5
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition 2GB GDDR5

I run Linux primarily anyway so the point is moot, I guess.
What are ee% gs% values during slowdowns?
(08-22-2015, 10:09 PM)Rance Wrote: my specs:

Intel i7 4790K 4.0 GHz
GTX 970
8 GB DRR3 1600 MHz
Windows 10 Pro x64

This is not the only program to have this issue. A game I bought on Steam, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 is also suffering from this same issue.

I'm planning to do a clean Windows install, this is why I hate to upgrade, it always ends up messing up things.

It's probably a hardware issue then, try monitoring your CPU temps and clockspeed using core temp and also have a look for weird background processes on task manager. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
i don't think it's because windows 10
coz am using it and everything work fine
i54690
12gb ram