Low FPS problems
Hey, what's up everyone.

I'm posting because I've read a bunch of other threads trying to resolve my low fps problem but still can't manage it. I get good fps on menus but in like a dungeon it goes down a lot.

Im trying to play this: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Dark_Cloud

Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon II x4 620 processor, 2.6GHz
Nvidia Geforce 9100, 2923 MB

Here are the settings:

http://imgur.com/Que3jwp,WtuRM28,J4MeMBF...rm,925htJV

When the FPS starts dropping, the EE goes to 50-60% and the GS stays at around 50%, never hitting 60%.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Sponsored links

You're really going to need a chip with a higher single threaded performance to run Dark Cloud. It's best to stick to your PS2 for now.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-17-2015, 05:52 AM)IEmulateGames Wrote: I get good fps on menus but in like a dungeon it goes down a lot.

The menus are not at all demanding, even a older gen Pentium could pull off the menus at 60fps. only the higher demanding scenes matter where, your processor can't cope up with the load.
check my guide for some ideas
I don't think guide is the right word to describe that thread, it just forces every settings to low manually in the INI file. how is that supposed to be a guide ? Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
and what is YOUR guide? Oh right.. "buy this specific set of hardware" pot calling the kettle black, much?

and praytell, WHAT does this post add to the conversation, other than taking a jab at me?
He can call it whatever, and note that the thread is named Low end PCSX2 settings and his link says Slow CPU? read this so nothing ambiguous there.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-19-2015, 06:45 PM)Saiki Wrote: and praytell, WHAT does this post add to the conversation, other than taking a jab at me?

No, I didn't really mean anything like that. I was just a little curious on why you mentioned it as a guide when it doesn't mention the function of what the each variable do on the modified INI file, that would cause lot of people to be misleaded and they might think that this is some miracle speedup settings.

You did mention "settings" at your guide, but why modify it through INI files rather than GUI ? Which is substantially harder for normal members to interpret. Hence they might come to an assumption that these speedup settings are hidden and might only be accessible in the ini files.

Also, I'm not criticising on your work. I'm just mentioning that you could improve it a lot further so that even normal users could understand the meaning on those changes, thanks. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
there are some hidden from the UI, I do not know if I use any of them, but they do actually exist. it is also easier to say "find cheesehack in the ini labeled ireallylikecheese=0 and make it ireallylikecheese=4" than to say "go to speedhacks, then go to the bottom, find cheesehack and set it to 4"
Actually, the variable names in the INI file does not match with the text at GSdx plugin settings so, that would lead confusion to users. Example: Paltex | texture filtering.

Also if you want to discuss further , you can continue in the thread of the settings guide. It's off-topic here so I will stop any further discussions related. Smile
- Refraction