Low FPS, slow gameplay
some newbie advice from a newbie =)

first thing that i'll do is make an iso image of that disc so it will speed up the loading and eliminate some hiccups during playing. i recommend to use 'ultraiso' but there's also another good alternative out there.

from what i heard FF game's FMV are hard on cpu so 30fps for fmv is normal.
AMD Athlon X2 6000+ @ 3.2Ghz : Asus M2AVM 690G : Kingston 3GB DDR2 800Mhz : Gigabyte GTX460 860/4200/1720 : Win 7 32 Ultimate : Acer X223HQ 1920x1080

Sponsored links

Onboard graphics on pc and laptops are slow,some games will work at a reliable speed (20 fps) some at a non-playable speed (5 fps) so save your time and don't bother running the pcsx2 with onboard gfx. Tongue2
Ultra_z: Please pay attention to the dates on threads when you reply to them. This topic is well over a month old and you haven't added any additional new information Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
(02-05-2011, 12:44 AM)madmatt Wrote: Well, I know I'm a complete noob when it comes to things like this. So, I don't really know if I'm on anything powerful enough to run Pcsx2, but it manages to run other games fine on things like Steam.

I have an Acer Aspire 5742, Intel Core i5-460M processor, Intel HD Graphics, 4GB RAM. Is this good enough to run Pcsx2? if so, is there any way to increase the FPS and make the games run faster? I used speedhacks but that didn't help much...

The game I was running was Mortal Kombat Deception through a disc, not an ISO. Any help would be appreciated Smile thanks

Is there any way to improve framerates for an intel onboard chipset that will help get better FPS? whether it be a dll, or other plugin?
better stop hijacking especially another newbie hi-jacked w/o an reply
make a new thread
better close this soon.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-20-2012, 10:12 AM)MstSkinnie Wrote: Is there any way to improve framerates for an intel onboard chipset that will help get better FPS? whether it be a dll, or other plugin?

No.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
(03-20-2012, 10:12 AM)MstSkinnie Wrote: Is there any way to improve framerates for an intel onboard chipset that will help get better FPS? whether it be a dll, or other plugin?

yes, lower resolution in gsdx (and tick OFF native)