Low FPS when playing NBA Street Vol. 2?
Hello everyone!

Most of my games that I have played on PCSX2 on my laptop run at the full 50fps without any problems at all. I was going to start playing NBA Street Vol. 2, however the FPS I am getting (20-25) is making the game unplayable.

System Specs:
Model: HP Envy 15 1060ea
CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60ghz 1.60ghz
RAM: 7GB
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4830 Series 1024mb

PCSX2 0.9.9.r5037 (svn 5065)
GSdx 5065 SSE4.1 0.1.16 (5065)
SPU2-X 2.0.0 (5025)
Latest version of DirectX

I am using D3D10 in Hardware mode, using native PS2 resolution. Texture filtering and 8-bit textures are checked. All recommended speedhacks are enabled, as well as mVU block hack and MTVU Speedhack. EE Cyclerate set to level 2 and VU Cycle Stealing set to level 1 as all my other games run at the full FPS when I use this set-up.

I have tried software mode as well, with 3 extra rendering threads. I have in fact managed to get the FPS to display 50 on software mode, when EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing are all at level 3, however these are false readings and it does not run like it is at full FPS.

I know it isn't recommended to use this emulator on a laptop, but it is a powerful laptop, the 1.60ghz may be way below the recommended 3.2ghz as well but the MTVU speedhack of course allows me to take advantage of the quad core and get maximum experienced with most games (God of War 1 & 2 run perfectly). The GPU likewise is powerful as well.

Any recommendations as to how I can get full speed with this game? Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored links

we have the same laptop processor
unfortunately it's slow for most games and addition it won't last long about 30 mins your laptop is really hot than a desktop making it very risky.

try use a real desktop or get a real laptop e.g. i5-xxxxXM
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
The games I've played so far seem to be working fine (mostly THPS3 AND NBA Street 1) my laptop is constantly on a cooler as well so the risk of overheating is small. I guess some games just won't be able to run well on laptops. Thanks for the reply though!