Low Frame Rate and Low GS/EE % in Software?
When in Software mode in the garage of Burnout Revenge, the game speed hovers between 68%, the EE is around 35% and the GS is around 30%. I know my PC probably isn't powerful enough to run the game at full-speed all the time, but shouldn't either my EE or my GS usage be maxed out if I'm hitting a speed barrier? My VU usage is basically negligible (~ 18%), so I don't think that's the problem.

Here are my GSdx settings:

[Image: e7nIp7h.png]

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K @ 4.1GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770
RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

Hardware mode gives a much more realistic reading - EE and GS hover around 50% and speed is at 100% (not even close to that in races, though.) Speaking of races, the same thing happens there - around 25% speed (when not traffic checking) and both EE and GS are around 40%.

Am I missing something here?

Sponsored links

Pretty much all games run worse in the software modes of PCSX2, but the emulation is more accurate.
(09-25-2015, 11:35 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Pretty much all games run worse in the software modes of PCSX2, but the emulation is more accurate.

I know this, but I was wondering why my EE and GS percentages were so low, when they should be super high, which usually happens with slowdown.
Do you use slider speedhacks?
(09-25-2015, 11:56 PM)willkuer Wrote: Do you use slider speedhacks?

[Image: L2JquqZ.png]

Strangely, when I was playing a race, the only difference made when enabling speedhacks is that the EE and GS usage halve. The speed remains the same (40% in this case.)
Try use hardware
Well that's an helpful suggestion andersona... Maybe you should read the thread before you post.

What happens if you disable the framelimiter (f4) in the hw mode? Is one of the components stuck at 100%? What happens if you disable mtvu?

I guess you are stuck in some deadlock most of the time. Possibly there is some synchronization between ee and gs thread that eats time. What happens if you synchronize the GS thread in emulation settings -> GS?
(09-26-2015, 09:07 AM)willkuer Wrote: Well that's an helpful suggestion andersona... Maybe you should read the thread before you post.

What happens if you disable the framelimiter (f4) in the hw mode? Is one of the components stuck at 100%? What happens if you disable mtvu?

I guess you are stuck in some deadlock most of the time. Possibly there is some synchronization between ee and gs thread that eats time. What happens if you synchronize the GS thread in emulation settings -> GS?

The game will probably have slowdowns because of the CPU. That's also why it wouldn't even touch fullspeed in hardware. The game just hammers the hell out of the GPU, and putting that extra load on the CPU in software, just kills it. Sadly, the game is also very cpu intensive and had some slowdowns for blyss on his old FX 6300@ 4.5ghz
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-26-2015, 09:07 AM)willkuer Wrote: Well that's an helpful suggestion andersona... Maybe you should read the thread before you post.

you can suck my cock if you don't like it
lel prepare to get wrekd