Low speed (20-28 fps)
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I have a problem with pcsx2.
First off, I'm italian, so I apologise in advance if my english is not perfect. Now to the problem:
I get low speed while playing B-boy on my pcsx2 1.2.1 emulator... I tried many settings searching the internet but none worked (some of them made it even slower).
I'm using all of the SpeedHacks at their max but, still, the games isn't fast enough. Which settings could give me the highest speed? I don't care about graphic losses, all I want is the max speed possible because to play a music game in slow motion it's really frustrating Glare
Thanks in advance! Biggrin

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-04-2014, 05:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Okay, there you go:
  • Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40 GHz
  • RAM: 4.00 Gb
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1, 64-bit
  • The version is PCSX2 1.2.1
  • As I said, I enabled all of the SpeedHacks at their maximum: EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing are both on 3; INTC Spin detection, Wait loop detection, Fast CDVD, microVUflagHack and microVU1 multi-threaded are all checked. In both "EE/IOP" and "VU", the clamping mode is on "none".
  • As I mentioned, I'm trying to play "B-boy"; from ISO.
    I guess that's it. Let me know if you need to know something else. Smile
that's a very weak CPU for pcsx2.
1st, maxing out ee cyclerate & vu cycle stealing speedhacks is a bad idea.
2nd, what do the ee% & gs% say when it's slow ?
3rd If I were you, I'd keep playing it on my PS2 until I'm able to afford a better PC... That one won't cut it whatever you do.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-04-2014, 05:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's a very weak CPU for pcsx2.
1st, maxing out ee cyclerate & vu cycle stealing speedhacks is a bad idea.
2nd, what do the ee% & gs% say when it's slow ?
3rd If I were you, I'd keep playing it on my PS2 until I'm able to afford a better PC... That one won't cut it whatever you do.
The problem is, my ps2 has damaged laser and I have more problems playing on the console than on the emulator! I didn't think the CPU could be too weak... I knew this wasn't a pc for gaming but I thought I could use the pcsx2... Unsure
Anyway, ee is about 60% and gs 10%. If I disable ee cyclerate and vu cycle stealing it's even slower! I need to speed up, I don't care if the graphic won't be the highest.
Any suggestions? Sad
Games won't get faster. That CPU is just too weak.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-04-2014, 06:04 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Games won't get faster. That CPU is just too weak.
Alright, got it. Damn! At least, are my settings the fastest I could use?
Yes, but don't use MTVU
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
If your PS2 is modded, you can install the memory card hack to run OPL. That way you can run games from a USB drive (but it can be slow with loading) or do what I did.

I connected my PS2 to my PC with a network cable, configured it in OPL and now I basically stream my PS2 ISO's from my PC. I do this because my PS2's sensors got damaged when someone dropped it so when I close the cover, the discs don't always spin or they stop mid game. There are lots of tutorials on how to get it working. I have my entire PS2 library (about 120 games) on my PC harddrive and they all stream without issue, except for Shadow Man 2econd Coming.

It's not perfect but at least you will be able to play the games.

Inbox me if you need some more info Smile
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(12-04-2014, 06:23 PM)Bombertoman Wrote: Alright, got it. Damn! At least, are my settings the fastest I could use?

you can try some less demanding games, there won't be much profit fiddling with settings in that pc. if you are trying to build a new pc, take a look at my sig which says low budget pc building guide for pcsx2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction