Lower CPU Requirements
Is there any option I can disable/lower to put less strain on my cpu? My EE value in battle screens often hovers around 90%+ and this can cause some annoying slowdown. Is there any option within pcsx2 to put more strain on the gpu to relieve to cpu or just lower the settings that work the cpu?

I have an Intel Pentium® Dual Core that runs at 3.35 Ghz.

Sponsored links

That depends on the game. Although the clock is relatively high yours CPU architecture is a tad old and the performance is lessened compared with the newer architectures.

The speed hacks are there to try and relieve that load over the CPU but while they can work wonders with some games they may be a catastrophe with other, so, please be more specific and tell us what is the actual problem and which game is being played.

A complete machine specs, like the actual CPU and GPU model, and saying Windows and PCSC2 versions can help too.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-04-2011, 08:38 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That depends on the game. Although the clock is relatively high yours CPU architecture is a tad old and the performance is lessened compared with the newer architectures.

The speed hacks are there to try and relieve that load over the CPU but while they can work wonders with some games they may be a catastrophe with other, so, please be more specific and tell us what is the actual problem and which game is being played.

A complete machine specs, like the actual CPU and GPU model, and saying Windows and PCSC2 versions can help too.
Playing Legaia 2: Dual Saga and it slows down around 5-10% sporadically during fights and when walking around.

Intel Pentium E5300 overclocked to 3.35 GHz
1024mb GeForce 9500 GT overclocked to 738 core clock, 1811 shader clock, 449 memory clock.
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
PCSX2 0.9.7.3876m
Sorry, I don't have this game so I can suggest only a try and see approach.

Under "Config" menu in the GUI click the "Emulator Settings" and in the new window click the speedhacks tab.

As a first approach and that may work for most games, let the four top "Other hacks" ticked.

Now play with the sliders for "EE Cyclerate" and "VU cycle stealing"

Be aware they may break the game if too hight (or just work fine)... but work fine with most of games with like one step in the first and one or two steps in the second.

VU Cycle Stealing may produce a false impression of actual speed gain while actually enhancing the FPS (and this is highly game dependent), the effect is translated by a kind of lag where the movements are slowed. Albeit confused with low FPS and feeling like it, the real motive is the output delivered to the GS is diminished... it's the refresh of the screen (the frame rate) is enhanced indeed but does not help if the things themselves moves in slowmotion.

Maybe someone acquainted with that game and similar machine can give more specific configuration hints, until so, don't be afraid to try.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Put native in gsdx settings along with dx10 hardware.
use frame skipping 10 to skip 10 to draw
(03-05-2011, 11:51 AM)abdo123 Wrote: use frame skipping 10 to skip 10 to draw
I can't notice any difference at all when I use frame skipping; even when I do a ridiculous number like 1/100. Is it unnoticeable or do I have to enable something?
You must enable it while playing, yhink ot was shify+f4 check the config guide to make sure
[Image: newsig.jpg]