MAC : Run CD/DVD problem /// HELP!!!
hi everyone
i've just installed PCSX2 on my macbook
the program works correctly and i've installed various plugins
i have not any ps2 game right now so i want to try Crash Team Racing for PS1
I inserted the CD but when i press Run CD in PCSX2 menu messages like these appear:
-error loading users/alexyvlaslov/Documents/Games/disgae.iso
- Error opening CDVD plugin
I have Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0 but if I press Test it says that the plugin won't work correctly
i'd like to know how to play games by CDdrive and how to make CDVD plugin work
If possible don't post links to guides because I've already read them but I can't solve my problem

Just another thing...if I Run Bios (no CD) everything is ok until I must choose language and other stuff like time zone ecc... screen starts "moving" up and down and it's impossibile to have a clear image

please help me
ask me if you need to know something else about my config or other things

Sponsored links

this won't work with PS1 games.
Get a PS1 emu like pcsx or epsx to launch them.

edit : about your "shaking", modifying gsdx interlace mode may help you (F5 key)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-21-2010, 07:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: this won't work with PS1 games.
Get a PS1 emu like pcsx or epsx to launch them.

edit : about your "shaking", modifying gsdx interlace mode may help you (F5 key)

thank you
I believed PCSX2 worked like a PS2, allowing me to play PS1 games
no problem...I'll download PCSX

I've just modified gsdx interlace and video quality is actually improved even if resolution is not so ok

BUT
is it possible to play PS2 games inserted in DVD drve of my macbook
because if I config CDVD plugin everything becomes a question of ISOs but I can't understand how to select my DVD drive in order to play original PS2 games
could someone explain me how to configure CDVD plugin? [NO guides link because I've already read rhem but nothing]
depends on the DVD plugin you're using.
gigahertz plugin (select it in plugins config) will allow you to do it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thumbs Up 
(09-21-2010, 02:38 PM)jesalvein Wrote: depends on the DVD plugin you're using.
gigahertz plugin (select it in plugins config) will allow you to do it.

So all we have to do to run PS2 games is use the gigahertz plugin? I'm a total newb. Tongue Sorry. I'm trying to run Kingdom Hearts and I get the same error.
Yes, and listening windows users would not be good idea. And looking into you game path, I suppose, you on Mac OS X?

First, about CDVD -- you could use either Linuz ISO (maybe EFP poling variant), or NULL plugin. I don't remember what's was last compiled by Zedron version of pcsx2, but I suppose it was old variant. You open config -> Cdvdrom and search string Cdrom device. I don't know, what's convention's Apple use for CDrom, but if you know disk mount point, you could paste it here and than it should be working. But, you could also run ISO without CDVD plugin -- look at run ISO image in File menu (it's one point upper from run CD).
If I'm running from a new SnowLeopard-running Mac, then what version of pcsx2 should I download? I have the plugins and bios and everything is done but I keep getting the same error window: "Can't create gsLog.txt" and then "GS plugin failed to initialize. Error Code: -1"
Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
The cdvd plugin hasn't been ported so only isos are supported at the moment