MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error issues on my pc, I think PCSX2 emulator is to blame
It seems that the more I run PCSX2 emulator on my computer, the more times my computer crashes. with codes like "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT,"  "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED," and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."   Here is some background:

I was having problems with my computer crashing.  It got to the point where it would crash 4x per day (with codes listed above), make a long story short,  I decided to do a wipe-out of my SSD and re-install Windows 10 clean, so I did that this past Saturday evening.  Crashes stopped.  I installed PCSX2 on my pc Sunday, played a game on it about one hour, and I had a crash.  It crashed once on Monday (I did play a game for one hour) and it crashed about 30 minutes after I stopped playing the game.  Today, I played a game for one hour, and I had two crashes afterwards.  The crashes occurred once when I was trying to boot up windows, and the second crash occurred 30 minutes after windows was running (I didn't have much running , computer Idle).  I made the decision to uninstall PCSX2 shortly before making this post.  I won't know for a few days if PCSX2 is solely to blame for the memory management crashes but I am curious if other people had problems and how can I fix this?  
Note: I have ran diagnostics testing of my RAM and my SSD which found no problems.

Here is some info on my computer
Processor: I5 660CPU 3.30Ghz
16GB RAM GDDR5
Windows 10 64 bit installed on Samsung SSD 850 EVO 256GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 390 series Memory Size 8GB
I have a slave hard drive which is probably no relevant to this problem

Sponsored links

It's not PCSX2's fault, your computer is just unstable, try to take out your RAM and clean the contacts or check the power supply. Also try checking system event logs to see if it tells you anything about the crashes.
(05-11-2016, 05:02 AM)matski Wrote: It seems that the more I run PCSX2 emulator on my computer, the more times my computer crashes. with codes like "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT,"  "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED," and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."   Here is some background:

I was having problems with my computer crashing.  It got to the point where it would crash 4x per day (with codes listed above), make a long story short,  I decided to do a wipe-out of my SSD and re-install Windows 10 clean, so I did that this past Saturday evening.  Crashes stopped.  I installed PCSX2 on my pc Sunday, played a game on it about one hour, and I had a crash.  It crashed once on Monday (I did play a game for one hour) and it crashed about 30 minutes after I stopped playing the game.  Today, I played a game for one hour, and I had two crashes afterwards.  The crashes occurred once when I was trying to boot up windows, and the second crash occurred 30 minutes after windows was running (I didn't have much running , computer Idle).  I made the decision to uninstall PCSX2 shortly before making this post.  I won't know for a few days if PCSX2 is solely to blame for the memory management crashes but I am curious if other people had problems and how can I fix this?  
Note: I have ran diagnostics testing of my RAM and my SSD which found no problems.

16GB RAM GDDR5

I had the memory management and irq not equal or less issues once before with a set of ram from corsair. They started out working fine for about a month or so then started failing causing those bsod's(blue screen of death). The bsods would occur for me just randomly browsing the web or trying to game. The only way i was able to fix the issue was to take out the old ram and trash them then buy a new pair from the company crucial. My guess is that your ram sticks are failing or one of them is and it's the cause of the issues. If your ram is under warranty I would send them all back to the manufacturer and have them replace them. A software you can run at ms-dos/dos is called memtest and it performs all of the tests without ever making it into windows and it will without a doubt tell you if all the ram is bad or just a stick or two. http://www.memtest86.com/
I had the same error for a while shortly after upgrading to Windows 10. It somehow went away by itself. I blame the OS, really :/
(05-11-2016, 05:02 AM)matski Wrote: It seems that the more I run PCSX2 emulator on my computer, the more times my computer crashes. with codes like "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT,"  "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED," and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."   Here is some background:

16GB RAM GDDR5

16GB GDDR5? Interesting RAM you got there..

Aside from that, what did you use to test your RAM, did you test it inside Windows or did you use a boot program to start the testing tool first?
And did you test each stick individually, or did you test with both sticks (or more) inserted at the same time?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-11-2016, 05:54 AM)xcceltech Wrote: I had the memory management and irq not equal or less issues once before with a set of ram from corsair. They started out working fine for about a month or so then started failing causing those bsod's(blue screen of death). The bsods would occur for me just randomly browsing the web or trying to game. The only way i was able to fix the issue was to take out the old ram and trash them then buy a new pair from the company crucial. My guess is that your ram sticks are failing or one of them is and it's the cause of the issues. If your ram is under warranty I would send them all back to the manufacturer and have them replace them. A software you can run at ms-dos/dos is called memtest and it performs all of the tests without ever making it into windows and it will without a doubt tell you if all the ram is bad or just a stick or two. http://www.memtest86.com/

I had windows test my ram and it found no problems.  If it could be my RAM, then why wouldn't any errors be coming up in the diagnostic test?  I am going to visit that website you posted as soon as I finish with this post.  I'll update if that test does find something.
It depends how the ram is tested. Factory need to apply around 30 patterns of memory write/read in order to detect defect. And each pattern does the full memory Wink

A standard program can't crash the full machine that the job of the OS to keep everyone alive when one becomes crazy. So it either an OS bug or an hardware bug but it can't be us.
(05-11-2016, 02:21 PM)matski Wrote: I had windows test my ram and it found no problems.  If it could be my RAM, then why wouldn't any errors be coming up in the diagnostic test?  I am going to visit that website you posted as soon as I finish with this post.  I'll update if that test does find something.
I ran that other test twice and it found no problems with my RAM.  I will only use one RAM chip sometime in the future and see if it crashes.  It could either be Windows 10 or my SSD acting up maybe. 

(05-11-2016, 05:17 PM)gregory Wrote: It depends how the ram is tested. Factory need to apply around 30 patterns of memory write/read in order to detect defect. And each pattern does the full memory Wink

A standard program can't crash the full machine that the job of the OS to keep everyone alive when one becomes crazy. So it either an OS bug or an hardware bug but it can't be us.
I am hoping it's not PCSX2 but my pc did crash a few times after I uninstalled it last night.
(05-11-2016, 05:58 PM)matski Wrote: I am hoping it's not PCSX2

It's not.
If it was; a whole lot of other people would be having your issue.

You have to test each stick individually when you're performing the tests.
Also switch slots sometime when you're going to run a test, because they could be going bad as well.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
It's a Windows 10 issue. I know someone who has the exact same set of BSOD's and has never touched PCSX2 or anything like it. Even a complete re-install only fixed it temporarily.

Try updating your bios and disabling potential problem causing features.
Update drivers for all of your components GPU, CPU, Ethernet Adapter, Wireless Adapter, and anything related to anything that might be going on during the crash.