MGS 3 configuration suggestion
Hey guys. I'm a first time user. I need help with MGS 3 config for PCSX2.
Here are my PC specs :
Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF
GeForce 9600
8GB RAM

I ran it on PCSX2 version 1.0.0. The cutscenes are very slow, but the actual gameplay goes from very fast at 100fps then sometimes goes slow at 30fps when I use some items like the binoculars. I just need help with configurations, plugins, and etc... So I can run this game as close to the PS2 counterpart as possible. Thanks.

Sponsored links

overclock to 4.5 ghz if you can.
cutscenes are extremely demanding in this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-21-2013, 04:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: overclock to 4.5 ghz if you can.
cutscenes are extremely demanding in this game.

Okay got that. But regarding plugins, and configs for the emulator itself. Any suggestions?
Considering you habe an excellent CPU and an old GPU, dont go higher than native res. At this rate, using software mode + 3 or 4 extra rendering threads could help.
And of course, use all recommended speedhacks + try various comvinations with ee cycle rate & vi cycle stealing.
But dont expect miracles since for now, no cpu seems to be able to play those cutscenes at full speed. ATM, the best way to enjoy the game is still your PS2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-21-2013, 04:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Considering you habe an excellent CPU and an old GPU, dont go higher than native res. At this rate, using software mode + 3 or 4 extra rendering threads could help.
And of course, use all recommended speedhacks + try various comvinations with ee cycle rate & vi cycle stealing.
But dont expect miracles since for now, no cpu seems to be able to play those cutscenes at full speed. ATM, the best way to enjoy the game is still your PS2
Oh I see, I'll give this a try. Thanks for the help.