MGS2 - Good GPU, Bad FPS, Ugly Textures
Just an idea. Go download GPU-Z. Run it, and watch the clocks on the first page of it. Run PCSX2. See if your clocks are clocking up like they should.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

try with MTVU disabled as I got fps speed up for MGS2.
For GSdx:
Enable "Allow 8-bit Textures" - fps speeds up
to fix Thermal vision you have to enable HW hacks and set "skipdraw" to 4

latest build: PCSX2 1.3.0-0 SVN
No linking to unofficial builds, regardless if they are pirate or not.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-21-2014, 02:14 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just an idea. Go download GPU-Z. Run it, and watch the clocks on the first page of it. Run PCSX2. See if your clocks are clocking up like they should.

Got quite a similar idea this morning.
Figured that pcsx2 and PoE seem to be only two things that constantly cause my drivers to crash. Monitored my GPU load and realized the drivers crash when the load is above 95% and those two things are the only games(programs) that force my load above that currently.

Ofc, next thing I did is grab a stress test tool (OCCT in this case) and smack a hella lot load on my PSU, and BAM, driver crash. So right now I think the main culprit might actually be a faulty old and weak PSU. (lets be honest, its like 5 years old by now).

Crossing my fingers its just GPU demanding too much power PSU cant supply and thus drivers crash, so Ill take my PC to a local repair service and smack in a stronger PSU then run the stress test again.