MGS2 Lagging During Certain Scenes
I've been playing MGS2 lately and managed to get through the prologue without any issues, aside from a bit of lag in the rooms with all the soldiers watching the presentation on Metal Gear RAY. However, I'm now experiencing quite a bit of lag during cutscenes after starting to play as Raiden. It seems to only occur during the most intensive parts of the cutscenes, such as big zoomed-out shots of large environments. I'm currently playing at the PS2's native internal resolution, along with all other default/recommended graphics settings. The Renderer is set to OpenGL.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz  3.40 GHz
Graphics card: NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM: 16GB
PCSX2 version: 1.7.3264

If any other information is needed, please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If my PC just isn't strong enough for the game, then at least I'll know, but if it is possible, I'll gladly try out any settings changes or whatever you all think might help. Thank you very much for the assistance, as I'm sure this is not the first time someone has posted this issue.  Smile

Sponsored links

Not strong enough, especially the gpu.
Vulkan renderer may help though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-04-2022, 07:48 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Not strong enough, especially the gpu.
Vulkan renderer may help though

Any recommendations for what GPU would be strong enough to run it smoothly? What would be the minimum for a smooth experience, that way I can get something better if I wish but know what the minimum I'll need is.
something like a 1070 or 2070 should be fine
Playing the PAL version + underclocking slightly, will help noticeably.

Note: with a little underclock, the game runs similar to the Xbox speed, which had much lower performance, almost slow-motion, than PS2 in some demanding scenes.
(09-04-2022, 07:07 PM)el_rika Wrote: Playing the PAL version + underclocking slightly, will help noticeably.

Note: with a little underclock, the game runs similar to the Xbox speed, which had much lower performance, almost slow-motion, than PS2 in some demanding scenes.

if the op owns the NTSC version, your advice is to buy the game another time ?
please refrain from posting this. thanks
(09-04-2022, 07:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: if the op owns the NTSC version, your advice is to buy the game another time ?
please refrain from posting this. thanks

Luckily I'm borrowing from a friend, so I actually don't mind purchasing the PAL version if necessary.
if you want...