MGS2, and 3 bug?
Hope this is the right spot to put this. Been playing MGS 2 with the latest version of PCSX2. For the most part, it plays pretty nice, even with 3x scaling. Of course there's some slowdowns at that level too. 2x actually runs pretty darn close to full speed through the whole game. Back to topic.

Using either Direct3D11, or 9 Hardware Mode, putting on the Thermal Goggles causes the screen to go black, yet I can still play normally. Obviously I can't see what I'm doing though. Only by switching to software mode will the Thermal Goggles show right; running much slower too. Running speedhacks, or keeping it at default makes no difference.

Would this be a plugin issue, or possibly my video card? The same thing happens on MGS 3 too. Here are my specs.

AMD Phenom II X4 oc'd to 4ghz
16GB of GSkill RAM PC1066
EVGA Nvidia GTX 550 Ti oc'd to 1050Mhz.

Another bug I've noticed which is pretty funny actually with MGS2. Whenever Liquid takes over Ocelot's body, his skin tone goes to a really dark brown, and he has ghost eyes. Once Ocelot takes back control, it goes back to normal.

Sponsored links

The thermal googles issue is a bug which can only be fixed by using the software render. Ive played msg3 and have the same problem with the thermals. Your videocard is not at fault.
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB