MGS2 and MGS3 Problems
Hi everyone, new to the forums here so bare with me.

I've recently downloaded pcsx2 1.0.0, my question is how do you increase the fps rate of MGS2 or MGS3?

I always get like 50-60 fps during cutscenes but when it comes to codec or gameplay, it goes to 20-30 fps. How do I fix this?

My computer specs are on this pdf:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/v...asheet.pdf

Sponsored links

That dont tell use your cpu, and being that is laptop the cpu speed is probably the problem
(11-09-2013, 10:11 PM)Mf Andrew Wrote: Hi everyone, new to the forums here so bare with me.

I've recently downloaded pcsx2 1.0.0, my question is how do you increase the fps rate of MGS2 or MGS3?

I always get like 50-60 fps during cutscenes but when it comes to codec or gameplay, it goes to 20-30 fps. How do I fix this?

My computer specs are on this pdf:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/v...asheet.pdf

That sheet isn't really specific. It doesn't say specifically which processor for instance just (i7 or i5 or i3 or celeron), the same for graphics.

Laptops are not ideal. Make sure your power plan is set to "High performance."

You can try speedhacks. If your CPU is more than 2 cores then try MTVU first. Then try EE, then VU sliders.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
When it comes to PC, I'm an idiot. xD I was too lazy to find my PC specs but here they are!

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7650M (RAM=1.00Gb)
If using MTVU hack and making sure your running off AC power and using max performance as power plan dont fix it then cpu is just not powerfull enough , MGS games are all rather demanding last i checked

i think desktop i7 1st gen at 2.6ghz still runs circles around i5/i7 3rd gen that are the laptop version that are equal clocked, 3rd gen i5/i7 for desktops would run circles around a 1st gen desktop i5/i7 though/ I could be wrong
you should try enable the "Constant skipping" (Emulation Settings-->GS)
pcsx2 hates batteries too plug-in the AC power and monitor your laptop heat by installing coretemp.
,download the latest buildbot revision to take more advantages.

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Both of these games are extremely CPU-intensive, and the fact you're on a laptop doesn't make things much better, sadly. All you can realistically do is make sure you're plugged into the wall or an AC adapter, and set Window's 'Power Plan' to 'Performance' so you don't get any CPU throttling.
As all said it mostly the cpu throttling case. But if its not then try this but since you use a laptop dont expect miracle with this-
1) use native resolution
2) goto emulation settings and use supervu recomplier legecy
3)goto sound plugin and tick disable effacts
4)goto speedhacks menu and put both ee and vu to 2 or both to 0 (see whats best for your game) . Thats it
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1