MGS2 freezing when going into first-person view
Hi there, I just installed PCSX2 after following the directions (which was surprisingly easy) and I am able to play most of my games extremely well! Good job on this!

The only problem I have is when I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 2, when I press R1 to go into the first-person perspective, the game freezes for a second or two, but then it's fine. I like to think I have a fairly decent computer to run this emulator, I get a solid 60fps every where else...it's just going into first-person always freezes for a couple of seconds.

I tried researching this issue and couldn't find anything. I'm sure you guys get tired of seeing these threads, and I hate to add another one onto the pile, but if someone had any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz
16GB DDR3 ram
Nvidia GTX 480 SLI

Sponsored links

You're using ISO or PS2 disc?
(07-21-2012, 05:48 PM)Archerko Wrote: You're using ISO or PS2 disc?

PS2 disc
Make an ISO using ImgBurn, load it using internal Iso Selector then retry...
(07-21-2012, 05:53 PM)Archerko Wrote: Make an ISO using ImgBurn, load it using internal Iso Selector then retry...

Will do! I'll report back with results
(07-21-2012, 05:53 PM)Archerko Wrote: Make an ISO using ImgBurn, load it using internal Iso Selector then retry...

Nope, same results after trying the ISO.
Post your settings...
[Image: fDKAT.png]
[Image: 7ZBew.png]
[Image: hvNCk.png]
[Image: j1bId.png]
[Image: SBpkL.png]
[Image: K98Sl.png]
Try ticking Enable fast CDVD and see if that helps...
(07-21-2012, 06:51 PM)Archerko Wrote: Try ticking Enable fast CDVD and see if that helps...

Nope Sad