MGS2 on Steam Deck via the latest nightly
At my wit's end trying to get this game to run properly all the way through! I've followed a couple people's settings I've found to no avail, those being:

- 180% cyclerate
- mild EE cycle skipping
- MTVU enabled
- interpolation cubic and asynchronous mix under audio

The person also said to try DirectX11, however I'm playing on the Steam Deck and am sort of new to this whole ball-game so I haven't tried to add that plugin to my pcsx2 yet. I am stuck with Vulkan or OpenGL. 

Anywho, I'm doing this on the most recent nightly, this way I'm able to map the game's pressure controls to the Steam Deck's haptic triggers for the correct responses. I am unable to do this on the current stable build. I admit I haven't tried MGS2 for very long in the stable PCSX2 build, mainly due to the button mapping issue, so it may perform well there. Not sure.

Just wanted to post here and see what could be said. I get pretty heavy slowdown in tight corridors as well as when guards are clearing.

Sponsored links

(08-02-2022, 10:07 PM)tor09 Wrote: At my wit's end trying to get this game to run properly all the way through! I've followed a couple people's settings I've found to no avail, those being:

- 180% cyclerate
- mild EE cycle skipping
- MTVU enabled
- interpolation cubic and asynchronous mix under audio

The person also said to try DirectX11, however I'm playing on the Steam Deck and am sort of new to this whole ball-game so I haven't tried to add that plugin to my pcsx2 yet. I am stuck with Vulkan or OpenGL. 

Anywho, I'm doing this on the most recent nightly, this way I'm able to map the game's pressure controls to the Steam Deck's haptic triggers for the correct responses. I am unable to do this on the current stable build. I admit I haven't tried MGS2 for very long in the stable PCSX2 build, mainly due to the button mapping issue, so it may perform well there. Not sure.

Just wanted to post here and see what could be said. I get pretty heavy slowdown in tight corridors as well as when guards are clearing.

Did you find any info out ?