MGS2 runs slow
I was able to change a few settings for better performance and I ended up getting around 50-60 FPS (jumps around a lot), but the game is still running slow, even though fps is fine.

Windows 7, 8GB RAM, Intel i7 860 (quad) at a clock speed of 2.8Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 5700 using 1GB of video RAM shared.

Am I just short on processor speed, or am I missing something?

Sponsored links

I am dam sure this fps is due to speedhack you use! Your processor is little weak for pcsx2! You can try with defult settings or vu to 2 + mtvu !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Sorry, new to this. What is "vu to 2 + mtvu"?
under speed hacks make sure the mtvu speed hack is enabled and try messing with the vu cycle stealing and ee cycle rate sliders.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Its in speedhackers,you can see have 3 levels.
Look the image below.(For example)-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for providing a screen shot DESTRUIDOR because I didn't have time to open pcsx2 on my laptop.
I hope resolve the problem of the guy.XD
Nope, I put them in all different positions, the farthest positions seem to be worst. Putting both at 2 seems to be the best.

The slowness actually only happens when the camera has to look far into the distance. If I'm in a small area and the camera is looking down on me, its normal speed, but as soon as I move to a hallway where the camera will look down the hallway, it slows waaaaay down.

What if I overclock my CPU to 3 or somewhere around there?
2 its the more compatble,careful can crash soome games use theses in level 3,overclock can resolve you problem,but after all,i think its better you lown down a little you game resolution,or scale x.
What are your settings?