MGS2 status says 'playable' but doesn't work?
Latest Pcsx2 0.98 all at default settings but doesn't show up ingame. I tried various settings but nothing seems to get the job done. Anyone manage to get this game working?

PC:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE
Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Windows Vista Ultimate Service pack 1
4GB DDRII

PCsx2 default settings with latest bios, etc.

Sponsored links

MGS2 PAL or NTSC?
I have MGS2 Substance NTSC version from the MGS Essential collection
How are you loading the game? With the plugin, off the disc or internal ISO?
The game is being booted up via the original DVD disc (no ISO) using the provided CDDVD plugins.
When I insert the game into my DVD drive (Drive letter DSmile, it doesn't load, just stays on a black screen. Other games work fine. The compatibility lists MGS2 NTSC as 'playable' yet I'm getting a solid black screen.
MGS2: Substance uses a dual-layer disc... you will need to make an ISO of the disc in order to play it.
Okay....I'll try that out. I happen to have Power ISO on my PC......
Use ImgBurn instead just to be more certain and use the internal ISO loader in PCSX2 0.9.8.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I also have the same problem. I have it as ISO. Tried both internal and external loader. Tested on a dozen different builds, all the same Sad
HELP!
If you have made your ISO with Imgburn... ...Then you most likey mucked up PCSX2's settings. MGS2 boots off the most basic of settings (default should work).

Go under Config, and "Clear all settings...". When you re-open PCSX2 (and have done the wizard again), choose the ISO with the Iso Selector, then boot the game.

If this still gets you nowhere, then perhaps your disc is incapable of giving off a good rip. Imgburn is very reliable, so odds are more likely the disc is to blame.