MGS3 DMA error
While playing MGS3: Subsistence (DISC 1), in the Bolshaya Past Base area, I suffer a 66% reduction in frame rates (normally ranging from 45-60), and after a few seconds in this area, the game locks up, with the log showing a long stream of "DMA error: 16d80df0"; after the lockup occurs, it takes upwards of 20 seconds to pause the emulation. Any assistance available? Thanks.

Hardware: MSI GT70-0NC Notebook
CPU: Core i7-3610QM
RAM: 24GB DDR3
GPU: GeForce GTX670M
PCSX2 version: 1.1.0.5622 (svn)
Default settings, all rounds are nearest, all clamps are extra+preserve sign, MTVU enabled.

Sponsored links

can u try to directly play it with u'r game disc ?
& u can also make iso image of u'r game disc with this tool >> www.imgburn.com
it's totally free.this tool will properly make u'r iso image.
first put u'r disc in dvd drive.then open imgburn-select create image from disc.
let it read from the disc.then choose speed from right side.select 56x in both values.
then browse to u'r folder where u want to keep u'r iso image.
fill a name for u'r game & clcik on build.
after creating iso image select iso in cdvd tab in pcsx2 & click on iso browser & select u'r iso image u created with imgburn & play.'
report back with results.if still error coming post u'r emulog here,thanks !!
I already used an ISO I ripped myself. I can try the disc, but I get the distinct feeling it won't help me much. Tongue
Check game compatibilty on pcsx2 official site with u'r Game crc & disc region.
MGS3 is listed as compatible/playable. CRC32 and Sony catalog numbers match up.
Ok then problem is either in u'r disc or how u ripped iso from it.
Also find wiki With googling it,there should be information how this game can be play on pcsx2 !

Edit-ok i did it for u >> http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Me...ubsistence

or

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVc56obmfg8...Vc56obmfg8
Thanks, but the issue is not overall playability. Up until this point, the playability of the game was EXEMPLARY. I've played this game on real consoles and gotten more bugginess.

But I do have a lead... In this area of the game, there are supposed to be two collectible camo outfits (one on top of the main building, one in a trench). They're not where they're supposed to be, and the freezes occur whenever I get close.
re-rip your iso then. maybe it's just a bad rip

I played through MGS3 with no errors myself not too long ago.
Do PS2 DVD-ROMs support error correction, or are they used for anti-piracy measures, like PS1 CD-ROMs?
I think there is error correction blocks on ps2 discs but we don't emulate them. It might be protection stuff though, it's been a while since i looked so in depth at CDVD ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]