MGS3 Missing Control Functionality
(08-29-2020, 05:26 AM)sandbox242 Wrote: To be clear, I can lean in both directions fine. When you press both l2 and r2 at the same time you're supposed to be able to raise your view, like if snake is standing on his tippy toes or something. That's the part that's not working for me.
Again, I'm using the official 1.6.0 release.

ah, i missed that. but yeah, like i said i can also lean up perfectly fine. snake's tippy toes are functioning at full efficiency on my end with r1+r2+l2, even on the same version. have you tried a different input plugin? ds4windows uses xinput so pokopom will work.

Sponsored links

(08-29-2020, 05:32 AM)jepsen Wrote: ah, i missed that. but yeah, like i said i can also lean up perfectly fine. snake's tippy toes are functioning at full efficiency on my end with r1+r2+l2, even on the same version. have you tried a different input plugin? ds4windows uses xinput so pokopom will work.

No I have not used a different plugin and I've never heard of pokopom before. However, you said you use lilypad and it works fine for you, so I still dont know why it wouldn't work for me.
Ryzen 3700X
RTX 2070 Super
32Gb DDR4 RAM 3600Mhz
500gb NVME SSD
2tb NVME SSD
735w 80+ Bronze PSU

(08-29-2020, 05:36 AM)sandbox242 Wrote: No I have not used a different plugin and I've never heard of pokopom before. However, you said you use lilypad and it works fine for you, so I still dont know why it wouldn't work for me.

computers are weird and there's a lot of different things that can affect a lot of different other things to cause them not to work. much stranger things have fixed problems i've had, especially involving emulators. there's no harm in trying the latest dev build with a different input plugin, it doesn't take much time to do and worst case scenario you wasted 5-10 minutes. even if something doesn't seem like it would fix it, it's not uncommon that it does.

since it seems to be a problem with the way the emulator is working on your computer, odds are either a setting is messed up or the emulator/plugin is having a political disagreement with one of your drivers or programs. you should also make sure any relevant programs (such as ds4windows) are updated.
Afaik you need pressure sensitive controller like the DS3 and correct software to perform those actions. Or was that only for walking more slowly?