MGS3 Snake Eater, help !!
(05-08-2010, 08:13 PM)Prott Wrote:
(05-08-2010, 06:38 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: The speedhack that works well with MGS3 is "VU Cycle Stealing", you could try setting it higher.
Cycle Stealing works great in realtime cutscenes, but ingame (for some reason) it doesn`t work at all (despite the higher value of fps counter it`s as slow as without CS - it`s just a wrong value).

sign, experienced higher framerate without it anyway and I am just using the first ticker of it... also the Cycle Speed gives me nothing but lacks, and gives more if it is just normal for me

Sponsored links

From my experience (with MGS 3) it`s best to turn on all speedhacks (and 3x cyclerate) except cycle stealing.
But (for a speed which doesn`t ruin your experience when playing the game) you need at least 3,6-4 GHz dualcore/quadcore (I tried the game with 3,1 GHz E6550 and it was still too slow - in some areas about 40 fps).
I got good speed with no speedhacks, even after I gain control of Snake. Like 50+ FPS kinda good. Everything before that ran faster IIRC. Beta-1888 w/ March plugins.
Yeah, I have even 70-100+ fps ingame. But there are places (for example: Dremuchij Swampland or the cutscene before battling with the Shagohod) when fps drops to 40 and below.
What the heck? I really got it now! Now I have cutscenes at 70 FPS and ingame at 50+, even if the codec transmissions run at 20 FPS!

my settings:

GSdx (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.7

-windowed
-D3D10 Hardware
-no interlacing
-ratio 4:3
-native res
-NLOOP enabled
-Logharithmic Z
-Texture filtering
-VSYNC
-FBA

Processors:

EE and Micro VU enabled
FPS settings to NORMAL

Speedhacks:

All enabled
2x Cyclerate
VU Stealing full

Andvanced:

BOTH clamp modes to NONE

now the problem is, that the graphics suck as, as they produce blue and white stripes from top to bottom of screen (transparent), but I do not want t loose this triumph so easily! does anybody know how to fix this?
well nloop is for final fantasy X u dont really need it (except if it helps though i dont think so....), also disable v sync its known that it lowers the fps in many games, the crazy lines are propably from the speed hacks, well try disabling all of them and enabling 1 at a time and look at the speed (dont move the camera or anything else so u can compaire the fps also press tab so u can remove the 60fps limit) try everything alone and then use the ones that gave u more frames, still some speedhacks work good or bad with others so this can take time using lots combinations until u find the right one for u! using the less speedhacks u can but gaining the best result from them is recomended, using all of them not cause then crazy things happen.!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I wonder how this is possible for me to have it in such awesome speed? ^^ before I went "insane" on enabling everything i thought to never run the game xD