MGS3 Subsistence - NVG and Thermal on Hardware Rendering
Has anyone found a way to get thermal and night vision working properly on hardware rendering in MGS3 Subsistence? It works fine in software mode, but I get about 40 frames vs 60 and I hate the crappy looking native res. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

I think it only works in software. Have you tried setting extra rendering threads to make it full speed?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I haven't had the chance to test the NV yet, but thermals seem to work fine; no noticeable hit to framerate or load indicators. I use hardware Direct3D11 with native resolution and all-default settings except for full texture filtering and MTVU enabled.
Extra rendering threads do actually speed up my framerate to 60 in software mode, however the native resolution just looks so bad. Is it supposed to look that bad?? Also, I use d3d9 because 11 seems to give me grass that clips in and out of view, so that might be why my thermal doesnt work properly.
Software mode is going to look bad purely because it's running without anything to enhance the look. It look just as bad if you were to hook your ps2 to your monitor.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-11-2014, 04:01 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Software mode is going to look bad purely because it's running without anything to enhance the look. It look just as bad if you were to hook your ps2 to your monitor.

Hm, interesting. Just seems to look a lot worse than I remember. No matter, thanks for the help.
Yeah, if you were playing on a CRT tv then it would look better at native.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]