MGS3 Subsistence slow cutscenes
I Have the NTSC, In game works perfectly fine in software mode (I7 [email protected] with AVX2 Plugin, really fast cpu). I don't even use speedhacks. However, cutscenes are really slow (can dip into 30 fps even when almost nothing happen). I know the game has dips in a real PS2, but in the cutscenes, even speed hacks didn't help (Once again, in the game I don't need them cause I have a fast CPU). is there any way to increase the cutscenes performance?

Another, unrelated questions for the sly series:
First, in a real PS2, are they 30 or 60 fps?
Second question, why Sly Cooper has perfect Emulation in Hardware Mode, and Sly 2 and 3 has Pixelation and no shadows? just curious what causes this, as the graphics look really similar.

Sponsored links

have you tried HW mode or only SW mode? Try DX, OpenGL? Each game works differently to your last question it my look similar but doubtfull it works the same behind the scenes emulation/game wise
For starters, Make sure that you have the recommended speedhacks enabled.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-11-2015, 03:10 AM)ssakash Wrote: For starters, Make sure that you have the recommended speedhacks enabled.

Quote: even speed hacks didn't help
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Just wanted to get things straight, for all things possible he could have just increased the sliders instead of the other recommended hacks.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I tried Directx 9, 11 and OPENGL and like I said, while the game works perfectly fine so far, the only problem is the cutscenes. I don't want to use hardware node because of the missing effects. even the EE speed hack barely helped, and the VU speed hack just made it show false FPS reading I think. If there's no solution, or it's just the game being extremely demanding, please let me know.
I just tried it on this Dev build 1.3.1-20150611094541 It was in DX11 Hardware Mode. 60 Fps. My specs are below. I also have no Speedhacks or any of that. I am also using 4x Native. Cutscenes work amazingly.
Windows 10 x64
RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
CPU:  i7-8700k CPU @ 4.8 GHz
Cooler: H100i GTX
Video: GTX 1080 1080 SEA HAWK X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
HDD/SSD: Samsung 970 PRO NVMe Series 1TB M.2 PCI-E
                Seagate BarraCuda Pro 8TB
                Intel Optane Memory Module 32 GB PCIe M.2 - Used on the Seagate
(06-11-2015, 12:27 PM)Masheen Wrote: I just tried it on this Dev build 1.3.1-20150611094541 It was in DX11 Hardware Mode. 60 Fps. My specs are below. I also have no Speedhacks or any of that. I am also using 4x Native. Cutscenes work amazingly.

First of all, can you please provide me a link to this build?

So the problem is just the game being extremely demanding?
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'm not sure if it's demanding but leaving MSAA off massively helped in headhunter so if that's on try disabling that. The link is below.

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86
Windows 10 x64
RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
CPU:  i7-8700k CPU @ 4.8 GHz
Cooler: H100i GTX
Video: GTX 1080 1080 SEA HAWK X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
HDD/SSD: Samsung 970 PRO NVMe Series 1TB M.2 PCI-E
                Seagate BarraCuda Pro 8TB
                Intel Optane Memory Module 32 GB PCIe M.2 - Used on the Seagate