MGS3:Subsistence some effects rendering in 4:3 when widescreen patch is used
See title. I'm running the 1.6 build of PCSX, using NTSC-U version of MGS3: Subsistence and have absolutely no issues whatsoever, apart from the one mentioned in the title. 

Please see the screenshot for an example. Look at the left and right of the screen, beyond the 4:3 aspect. 

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

It's not the fault of the emulator, but the WS patch itself. You can try to report it here. Don't expect a quick fix tho, since the activity on that thread is pretty much dormant.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(11-21-2021, 02:18 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: It's not the fault of the emulator, but the WS patch itself. You can try to report it here. Don't expect a quick fix tho, since the activity on that thread is pretty much dormant.

Thanks for the advice.

It's strange because the widescreen patch essentially works in every other way. 

I'm assuming this is a general issue that all experience and it's not something I've messed up in the settings?
Well, most of the times it happened due to the WS patch didn't always come with the renderfix which should fix the problems you having.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(11-21-2021, 02:54 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Well, most of the times it happened due to the WS patch didn't always come with the renderfix which should fix the problems you having.

I notice that the PAL widescreen patch is quite a bit longer than the NTSC-U version. I’m not sure how to convert the PAL patch to NTSC-U to test, but that might be a resolution?