MGS3 graphic issues
Question 
Hello dear community, i'm new in this so i apologize any mistake i've could done
I recently got PCSX2 v1.4.0 and i wanted to play MGS3 but i got some graphics issues, with the OpenGL (Hardware) plugin the game ran at high FPS but there were some textures and shadows missing, i tried DirectX (Hardware) puglins but i got the same results, plus all the Software plugins ran really slow, then i tried the latest build v1.5.0 and the textures problem were solved but now it's very laggy and slow and sometimes it crash, probably there's something wrong with my configuration, but since i'm new in this i couldn't understand many of the solutions i read in this forum, also, there's a chance that it might be my computer's fault but i think my PC is not that bad Sad, here are my PC specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7 8th Gen-8550U @ 1.80GHz
RAM: 16GB
HDD: 2TB
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 with OpenGL 4.5 and DirectX 9, 11.0
i attached my currect video settings, hope that could help,
[attachment=67508]
i hope some could walk me through this issue,
best regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Download the latest dev build by clicking the purple link in my signature.
(09-28-2018, 12:10 AM)CK1 Wrote: Download the latest dev build by clicking the purple link in my signature.

thanks! but i already did that, that's how a realize that the textures/shadows problem was solved, could you help with the configuration on this build based on my specs?
At the very least disable Large Framebuffer, it isn't needed for this game. For a better speed increase, you should decrease the resolution and possibly disable blending accuracy. The ground won't look correct but it will improve the game's speed quite a bit iirc.
Uhh his CPU runs at 1.8 ghz wouldn't that pose a problem? Even though it's an Intel?
(09-28-2018, 07:44 AM)StriFe Wrote: Uhh his CPU runs at 1.8 ghz wouldn't that pose a problem? Even though it's an Intel?

STR = 2147 Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Make sure that windows power plan is set to high performance or at least custom with full processor power managment settings.

After making sure that that is set also check if your laptop has a seperate manufacturer power managment program... how to neuter or set that will vary depending on the program (google ia your friend)

Once you have done that install msi afterburner (or another realtime temp\hardware monitoring program) set processor temps and clocks to be displayed and see if your CPU is really getting to the level that it is supposes to be able to (if your not getting near 4.0GHz boost then you are probably not anywhere near the single threaded performance that passmark says you should hit)
I agree with TkSilver on adjusting processor power management. You might have to change a BIOS setting to enable turbo boost on battery, that's how it is on my HP ultrabook. You may also want to try tinkering with the Intel Graphics settings. Make sure it is on Balanced or Maximum Performance when on battery in the Power tab. I noticed on my laptop when running ePSXe that if I had it set to Maximum Battery, it would lock the graphics core at its minimum frequency and limit the frame rate to 30fps. You could also turn down some of the quality settings in the 3D tab (I usually turn off MSAA and CMAA). Note, I have HD4400 on my laptop which is older and the settings may be different than your UHD620. For what it's worth though, I would occasionally get slowdowns in MGS3 Subsistence with an overclocked i5-4690K and GTX 750Ti at 2x resolution on my old desktop.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit