MGS3 lag
Any suggestions for settings for Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence? At first I was dealing with selective dialogue lag. Playing around with the settings, I managed to fix that issue.

Cutscenes seem to run fine. Occasional crackling in audio. But for the most part all is good. Most issues are during gameplay with lag and screen flickering.

I am running it off of my Dell XPS 9570 with the following:

Windows 10 Home 64 Bits

Processor: 
Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

RAM:
16GB

Graphics:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design

Any suggestions for settings are much appreciated.

Oh and almost forgot. I am using PCSX2 v.1.4.0

Sponsored links

as far as i know your CPU is weak to run mgs3...except that video card.
you would will be required to set speedhack's cycle stealing by +1
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
What makes that CPU weak? I have the exact same CPU and it can run GT4 just fine. If you ask me, it's a really powerful CPU. Its STR ratings are above 2000, the recommended mark.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
he is on a laptop's i7....then...demanding games will heat up that fast....limited cooling factor,it will slow down the CPU power.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
For the XPS 9570 a undervolt is highly recomemded since Dell set up the machine to only sustain 76W for around 30 seconds and 56W being the actual sustainable power limit. with default voltages that is around 3.2GHz on an all core load and a little higher the less cores you use, but it still dumps quite a lot of heat into the ultrabook. With a undervolt of 0.115V that is an all core sustainable 3.6GHz with significantly less heat and more easily sustaining the 3.9GHz max boost on a few cores.

You should also check for a bios update since I think the is the model that Dell screwed up the GPU on and finally admitted it releasing a bios fix, but it may be a different model I am thinking about. (Looked up the bios from dell's site and if you are on a bios earlier the 1.7 you should really update it since that is the one with the Nvidia FIX, though honestly looking at the newer ones you should just update it to the latest one since it looks like dell messed up more then just the GPU on thIs one).
Update to one of the dev 1.5 builds too. They just work better overall.

Also...
Smartstrike and Gtgamer you are both correct. Yes a properly cooled and powered 8750h can run mgs3 just fine. But one that is not put in an ideal situation can run hundreds of points lower in single threaded performance and thousands of points lower the the total score.