MGS3 running super slow
(07-24-2014, 10:07 PM)DONK Wrote: TY for the help, not sure if it was a setting or my DVD drive which caused the massive slowdown I had before.
it possibly both ! btw if you dont mind you can give me +1 rep too! lol
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

Sponsored links

(07-24-2014, 10:10 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: it possibly both ! btw if you dont mind you can give me +1 rep too! lol

+1'd ya
DVD drive is the possible cause it's a few years old and has burnt at least 300 DL discs.
Problem seems sorted now, just gotta find the sweet spot for my hardware and enhancements to the graphics.
(07-24-2014, 10:14 PM)DONK Wrote: +1'd ya
DVD drive is the possible cause it's a few years old and has burnt at least 300 DL discs.
Problem seems sorted now, just gotta find the sweet spot for my hardware and enhancements to the graphics.
okay enjoy the game and thanks for the rep !

If you need help.again come back here !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I am not sure if this is part of your question but if you want to enhance graphcis you should go to gsdx plugin settings. There you can tweak the output. The most improving setting is internal resolution. Set this value to 3xnative and you will get much better results.
+ enable fx shader & mssa (mssa by going in hw hacks )
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I have half the specs you have, except processor 3.30GHz. MGS3 run pretty smoothly in my pc, except for some scenes when it has to render many things, I found the ps2 system also in the first part of the game, at the jungle, also hangs up a little.

I agree with doing a ISO of the game to play it, I know it takes a lot of space, but it's worth it.

Playing the game in Hardware mode video is the best option, even though you wont have exactly the same render as the ps2 system.
(07-24-2014, 09:31 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: don't compare dolphin emulator to pcsx2! pcsx2 is much harder to emulate ! anyway ! rip the iso and try with default setting and then tell me what the results are!

Dewd, I know that English may not be your first language but... I know no languages that end every single sentence with the exclamation mark Tongue. The role of this character is to emphasize a sentence. When someone looks at your posts it looks like shouting to other people.

By the way, how is Wii easier to emulate than PS2?

*~--

Donk,
Turn on FXAA in Gdsx configuration menu and set the custom 1920x1080 resolution (if playing in widescreen mode), 3x native or 1200x1200 if there are any glitches. Check the "Textures" checkbox to have both 3D and 2D textures antialiased. That makes my games look almost perfect.

*~--

Is there a possibility to make Donk's PCSX2 playable at constant 60 FPS?
It makes me curious, 'cause I've got a similar though much weaker rig and can't get a smooth constant 60 FPS gameplay (always get some random stutters or slowdowns once a few minutes).
(07-28-2014, 02:39 AM)elkolodj Wrote: I have half the specs you have, except processor 3.30GHz. MGS3 run pretty smoothly in my pc, except for some scenes when it has to render many things, I found the ps2 system also in the first part of the game, at the jungle, also hangs up a little.

I agree with doing a ISO of the game to play it, I know it takes a lot of space, but it's worth it.

Playing the game in Hardware mode video is the best option, even though you wont have exactly the same render as the ps2 system.

Games are running fine now @ 3x resolution with the odd 1/4 second stutter at random but pretty sure that's unavoidable in some games. HDD space isn't a problem as I have about 2TB free right now I just ran off discs originally as I thought it would run the same as an ISO.
MGS3 has a lot of studder on videos and certain scenes, just be patient with it.
If this game accesses the disk that often it would maybe not be the best idea to use a possibly slow 2TB HDD. maybe with a SSD or even RAMDISK the stuttrring disappears. Does this game stutter on the real ps2?