MSVCP120.dll issues.
(09-05-2014, 04:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You prolly need other DLLs aside from MSVCP. Also place them in the main folder most likely, not the plugin folder.

ah ok Ill try a bunch of ways cause I have it in both spots but it still said I was missing the file when it was in the main thing until I put it in Plugins so I jsut assumed I had the right spot lol

Sponsored links

THere is gona be lot more then 2 files need to get this to run. which why I said to do the installer, but seeing you cant do that i dont know, cause i never had to do it manualy.
(09-04-2014, 10:05 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: hence you install it on the computer it simpler. Hell i even linked to all in one installer which is all that need. Haveing to track down an manually copy the dll is is more complicated.

D/L and installing the All in one i linked is simplest of means and require next to no knowledge of pc to get it to work. and pcsx2 will work off a flash drive with out the need of making things more complicated.

Install it on every Computer is more simple then just copy a dll once ? xd 404 Knowledge not found
(09-05-2014, 08:12 AM)Pikasora Wrote: Install it on every Computer is more simple then just copy a dll once ? xd 404 Knowledge not found

Problem is it's probably more than one dll.
It's not that easy. But doable.

Actually, to make a fully USB portable version, you'd need to add all required VC++ dlls in pcsx2 root dir + all directx updated dlls (since no windows version ships latest directx)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-05-2014, 08:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Problem is it's probably more than one dll.
It's not that easy. But doable.

Actually, to make a fully USB portable version, you'd need to add all required VC++ dlls in pcsx2 root dir + all directx updated dlls (since no windows version ships latest directx)

I sorta figured that was the case.
(09-05-2014, 03:41 AM)Kligor Wrote: By the way Im really sorry if I dont understand or I seem to sound sorta stubborn but yea like Im trying to run this at a school computer with administrator locks on installs. The teach doesnt mind us using emulators in class but just no installs.

Well, it's true that the necessity to install that latest version of Visual C redistributable came from PCSX2 but you must understand it has nothing to do with the emulator, it's a MS product, used by lots and lots of applications out there, not only games and as such is good idea having installed.

What happens is the majority of programs were made using outdated versions and never changed and probably will never need to update VC. PCSX2 uses the latest versions both of DX and VC in attempt to get the best possible performance. The price is this too, the user must keep those two MS products updated so to be able to run the emulator.
Imagination is where we are truly real
VC 2013 files needed are msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll. you may also need the 100 versions if you are using old plugins.

for DX9 you need d3dx9_43.dll and D3DCompiler_43.dll

I don't know what the minimal number of dlls needed for dx10/11 or for Xaudio is, so if you want them, you would need to copy all the DX dlls in or figure it out yourself.
(09-05-2014, 01:20 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Well, it's true that the necessity to install that latest version of Visual C redistributable came from PCSX2 but you must understand it has nothing to do with the emulator, it's a MS product, used by lots and lots of applications out there, not only games and as such is good idea having installed.

What happens is the majority of programs were made using outdated versions and never changed and probably will never need to update VC. PCSX2 uses the latest versions both of DX and VC in attempt to get the best possible performance. The price is this too, the user must keep those two MS products updated so to be able to run the emulator.

Which is why i said VC should be on on PC Which why I now have that all in one installed linked in my Sig.

In general School/University etc pc should have the VS files too, But they are also lock them down for a reason. To keep people from run programs on those PC for security reason. I actual surprised they dont have USB stick disabled too as one infected usb stick is all it takes, which is a whole other issue.

installing a all in one package with all VC is alot easier then tracking down the correct "multiple" files need to get programs to work, especial for someone that dont know anything about it.

Which is why it remain the easiest and simplest thing to do unless a coarse your trying to run the usb stick on pc that is locked down for reason.