MTGS Problem
Looks like MTGS is working fine, but the game is CPU-limited. So speeding up the GS isn't really helping, since the problem is the core EE emulation being too slow. Not much you can do.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

Just a follow up question related to MTGS:
How come when not using MTGS on my quad cored CPU PCSX2 end up using 2 cores, and when using MTGS it ends up using 4 cores? The performance seem to be the same except with MTGS it's more balanced over all four quads. Without MTGS one core (of the two working) works more than the other.
unless the cores are both peaked, it isnt using 2 cores, thats windows spacing it over the 2 cores (but to the equivilant power of one core). I imagine it is doing the same with twice the effect when you have MTGS enabled.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Oh, so that's why! And now when you mentioned it, yeah, with MTGS all cores are running at approximatly 50 % each, which adds up to two 100 % cores. Thanks for clearing that out.
Here is the process tab, sorted by cpu usage:

MTGS seems to work, but why is the game not running with full speed?
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20 MHz
3072 MB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GS 512 MB
Windows Vista SP2 32 bit
Probably because 2.20 Ghz is not enough. Why do you think the game should run fullspeed?
(06-22-2009, 05:07 PM)Dr.J Wrote: Probably because 2.20 Ghz is not enough. Why do you think the game should run fullspeed?

Because my friend plays this game with full speed, and he has the same cpu and graphic card.
3072 MB DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista SP2 32 bit
Maybe the RAM is different?
Also on that screenshot you have 19 % cpu power which doesn't get used...?
No one can get 100% cpu usage on dualcore cpus.
(06-22-2009, 05:26 PM)Aemony Wrote: Maybe the RAM is different?

Yes, I think he has 4 GB.

Ok, thanks for help. There is not much I can do, my pc is slow. Next year I'll buy a new pc, which has more power. Smile
3072 MB DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista SP2 32 bit