Mac, FFX almost perfect, help weeding one more flaw please.
Hello all,
Firstly, a big thanks and thumbs up to the people working on PCSX2.

I've almost got FFX working perfectly except that there's the menu lag, that I haven't been able to find a solution for.

Problems:
- Menu doesn't appear in battles, or appears for a few frames, then disappears completely for the rest of the battle.
- Menu lags quite a bit, roughly 1-2second delay.

PCSX2/Mac 0.9.6, obviously using the ZZOgl plugin.

I got the new iMac (late 2012) quad core i5 2.9, 8GB ram, and what not.
GeForce card.

I've spent a good while (3 days) tweaking and messing with config, broke it, reinstalled it, and so on to try fix this. I don't actually care so much about how great the graphics are, because as my name suggests, I am actually quite blind. and I use the Zoom function to see the game.

I'm hoping that because my problem is obviously FPS related (I presume) I'm hoping some of you could share some light and tips on this.

Current FPS rate is around 59, I limit it to 60 (natural for PS2, right?)
And if it matters, PAL version of FFX. Owned the game for years, but can't play it on the console anymore since you obviously can't zoom in, so here I am.

Any suggestions, tips, config settings to try out would be appreciated greatly.

Much PS2 love to all.

Note: I can provide screenshots etc if need be, config is currently on defaults.

Sponsored links

This is the Linux forum.

For lag on ZZogl, being that it is old and not well maintained, perhaps try the no target resolve hack. That's the best I can think of given that I do not know Mac, but it does share some similarity to Linux. But this thread is best moved to Mac forum.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti